300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

Old June 3rd 17, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

Default 300 miles of secret cycle paths have been discovered

On Saturday, June 3, 2017 at 2:21:00 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 03/06/2017 00:41, wrote:

When you are old enough to vote you will be able to write to your MP and demand answers.
In 100 years when you are a freeholder you will be able to instruct your MP how to vote.

So you cannot prove your assertion.

Oh the hypocrisy.

Fair enough, but why not just say so?

Thanks for the loan of your goalposts.

Old June 3rd 17, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Bret Cahill

Are you asserting - stupidly - that the owner or registered keeper
of a motor vehicle (let's say, for avoidance of doubt, a Ford
Mondeo) may lawfully use or keep that vehicle on a highway (in the
UK) without having paid a tax related to that use of that vehicle?

No, I am asserting that he does not need t pay either a specific tax to
use the road IN GENERAL, or a specific "road tax" to use the vehicle in
particular.

and does the average driver of the average car pay a specific tax to use
his car on public roads?

With more and more fuel efficient cars and EVs on the road some places are considering taxing the amount of time & space you occupy on public roads in addition to fuel taxes. This would require GPSing every motor vehicle.

If you have title to some land and that land is taxed at anything up to full rental value -- about 20 localities in Pennsylvania have already increased the millage on land -- then it's even harder to argue occupying public land or streets should not be taxed.

Henry George suggested redistributing the money from a tax on private land ownership on a /head basis so the same holds here. The more you drive the more you subsidize cyclists.

These economic justice arguments actually originated with Locke, why Jefferson said Locke was one of the three greatest men in history.

Bret Cahill

Old June 3rd 17, 04:52 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 03/06/2017 16:23, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(JNugent) wrote:

But you say a lot of things and when challenged on them, run away.

I'm still waiting for you to evidence your own assertions.

That is yet another of your assertions for which you cannot provide
evidence.
Old June 4th 17, 03:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 04/06/2017 14:41, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(JNugent) wrote:

Perhaps you can show us the existence of your mythical "Road Tax"

then?

You don't believe that the owners of motor vehicles (have to) pay
an annual (or six-monthly) tax in respect of each of those vehicles
in order to have legal permission to use them on the roads?

That's not what you are claiming. It is, in addition, also wrong. I do
not pay either an annual, or six-month, tax for permission to use any
vehicles I own on the roads. For the record, I drive a car but pay no tax
as "permission" to use the roads.

You are claiming that there is a specific tax, that people need to pay to
use the roads.

Despite this claim, you have provided not a jot of evidence - no
legislation, not government documents about it, nor any proof that anyone
has ever paid a tax to use the roads.

Once you start proving your claim, I will consider proving my refutations.

And playing the man will not make you look any less wrong, or less
stupid.

You are making yourself look ever more silly in your crazed refusal to
recognise Road Tax (whatever its official name may be, not that it
matters in the slightest).

There is no length you will not go to to evade falsification of your
position. You are like a fifth former in your "debating".

London cycle paths somebody[_2_] Techniques 12 December 2nd 15 12:34 AM
Cycle Paths or Not? Steve C[_2_] UK 49 May 15th 08 09:32 PM
Discovered an amazing meditation secret [email protected] Techniques 1 April 19th 08 06:01 AM
Cycle paths or psyclepaths? Tom Crispin UK 58 April 13th 08 12:22 PM
I've discovered the magic secret Arthur Clune UK 7 August 29th 05 08:55 PM