Another possible guni hub

Old September 18th 06, 07:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unisk8r

Default Another possible guni hub

Fallbrook Technology will manufacture (and has already licensed to
Ellsworth Cycles) this new Constant Velocity Transmission hub, named
NuVinci. It has continuous ratios from 1:1 to 3.5:1, but is made as a
normal freewheeling bike hub. Maybe they could be persuaded to make a
fixie version?
http://www.fallbrooktech.com/NuVinci.asp

--
unisk8r
unisk8r's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4660

Old September 19th 06, 01:40 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
trials_uni

3.5:1!!!!!!! Holy cow...That would make a 29er into a 90" wheel...Thats
nuts in my opinion...But hey what do i kno about such things as this.

--
trials_uni

TRIALS 4 LIFE !
'And the Spline Maintenance Guide!'

*Caution-I may have no idea what im talking about*

Old September 19th 06, 02:34 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
unicyclepa

i saw that in Moution Bike Action and was thinking the same thing

--
unicyclepa

www.unicyclepa.com
we suck
but its all good
team YAMS member in your sig or title and say
unicyclepa's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/9246

Old September 19th 06, 04:50 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
onetrack

does that design gradually increase the ratio as you pedal faster? Not
sure that I am exactly a fan of that.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil

I pulled a sick trey varial hickflip over an 8 set yesterday, but
unfortunately it was supposed to be seat in to seat out. I've named it
the dioflip
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old January 15th 09, 08:25 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
kington99

if anyone's interested I have a Nuvinci hub sitting on my desk
currently. It will never make it as a unicycle hub in anything like its
current guise. The ratchet is easily removed but the hub won't sustain
large reverse torques, so will slip when you try and slow down. Also
this thing is heavy like you wouldn't believe

--
kington99

Dave

Old January 15th 09, 08:28 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
eenwieler-sander

kington99;1170981 wrote:
if anyone's interested I have a Nuvinci hub sitting on my desk
currently. It will never make it as a unicycle hub in anything like its
current guise. The ratchet is easily removed but the hub won't sustain
large reverse torques, so will slip when you try and slow down. Also
this thing is heavy like you wouldn't believe

the last part looks strange to me because i have tried a bike with the
nuvinci hub and i could stand on the pedals and it dit not slip

although when i put force on the pedals you can not shift

and indeed this hub is to heavy

--
eenwieler-sander

GUNI innertube help needed asap David_Stone Unicycling 2 July 17th 06 03:42 PM
Guni Giraffe... tomtrevor Unicycling 7 June 12th 06 02:42 PM
Problem with my new Schlumpf guni hub? David_Stone Unicycling 23 April 4th 06 08:06 PM
1st Century on a guni (long) David_Stone Unicycling 0 September 12th 05 07:27 AM
GUNI is here!!! David_Stone Unicycling 78 September 7th 05 10:24 PM