Tour de France, stage 15 summary

Old July 19th 09, 07:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

Default Tour de France, stage 15 summary

Stage 15 : Sunday, July 19 2009, Pontarlier - Verbier, 207.5 km

1 Alberto Contador Velasco (Spa) Astana 5.03.58
2 Andy Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 0.43
3 Vincenzo Nibali (Ita) Liquigas 1.03
4 Frank Schleck (Lux) Team Saxo Bank 1.06
5 Bradley Wiggins (GBr) Garmin - Slipstream
6 Carlos Sastre Candil (Spa) Cervelo TestTeam
7 Cadel Evans (Aus) Silence - Lotto 1.26
8 Andreas Kloden (Ger) Astana 1.29
9 Lance Armstrong (USA) Astana 1.35
10 Kim Kirchen (Lux) Team Columbia - HTC 1.55

Changes in stage 15 compared to stage 14 :

Biggest gainers by position :
+16 Fumiyuki Beppu
+13 Mickael Delage
+13 Christophe Kern
+12 Sylvain Calzati
+11 Staf Scheirlinckx
+10 Stijn Devolder
+10 Simon Spilak
+10 Martijn Maaskant
+10 Joan Horrach Rippoll
+10 Danny Pate

Biggest losers by position :
-14 Steven de Jongh
-11 George Hincapie
-11 Lloyd Mondory
-10 Jerome Pineau
-9 Carlos Barredo Llamazales
-9 Frederik Willems
-9 Jose Luis Arrieta Lujambio
-8 Aleksandr Kuschynski
-8 Christophe Riblon
-8 David Moncoutie
-8 Thomas Voeckler

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:06 Alberto Contador Velasco

Biggest losers by time :
-45:37 Kenny Robert van Hummel
-33:26 Steven de Jongh
-33:26 Yauheni Hutarovich
-19:58 Lloyd Mondory
-18:18 Albert Timmer
-18:18 Benoit Vaugrenard
-18:18 Daniele Righi
-18:06 Aleksandr Kuschynski
-18:06 Alessandro Vanotti
-18:06 Andreas Klier
-18:06 Anthony Geslin

Favourites by position :
+6 Carlos Sastre Candil
+5 Cadel Evans
+5 Andy Schleck
+4 Frank Schleck
+3 Kim Kirchen
+2 Lance Armstrong
+2 Alberto Contador Velasco
+1 Vladimir Karpets
+1 Marzio Bruseghin
-1 Roman Kreuziger
-1 Jens Voigt
-4 Franco Pellizotti

Favourites by time :
+0:06 Alberto Contador Velasco
-0:37 Andy Schleck
-1:00 Frank Schleck
-1:00 Carlos Sastre Candil
-1:20 Cadel Evans
-1:29 Lance Armstrong
-1:49 Kim Kirchen
-2:00 Roman Kreuziger
-2:07 Vladimir Karpets
-6:21 Denis Menchov
-8:16 Jens Voigt
-12:05 Marzio Bruseghin
-12:05 Franco Pellizotti

Top 3 and favourites standings :
1 Alberto Contador Velasco 63.17.56
2 Lance Armstrong 1.37
3 Bradley Wiggins 1.46
5 Andy Schleck 2.26
10 Frank Schleck 3.25
11 Carlos Sastre Candil 3.52
14 Cadel Evans 4.27
16 Roman Kreuziger 4.40
17 Kim Kirchen 5.05
20 Vladimir Karpets 5.56
29 Denis Menchov 11.23
46 Franco Pellizotti 24.26
51 Jens Voigt 31.18
98 Marzio Bruseghin 1.10.31

Retirements to date : Stage
Tom Boonen (Bel) Quick Step 15
Vladimir Efimkin (Rus) AG2R La Mondiale 15
Levi Leipheimer (USA) Astana 13
Peter Wrolich (Aut) Team Milram 13
Angelo Furlan (Ita) Lampre - NGC 12
Jerome Coppel (Fra) Francaise des Jeux 12
Romain Feillu (Fra) Agritubel 12
Rui Alberto Faria da Costa (Por) Caisse d'Epargne 12
Kurt-Asle Arvesen (Nor) Team Saxo Bank 11
Danilo Napolitano (Ita) Team Katusha 9
David Lelay (Fra) Agritubel 8
Eduardo Gonzalo Ramirez (Spa) Agritubel 8
Koldo Fernandez De Larrea (Spa) Euskaltel - Euskadi 8
Oscar Pereiro Sio (Spa) Caisse d'Epargne 8
Sebastien Joly (Fra) Francaise des Jeux 7
Robert Gesink (Ned) Rabobank 6
Piet Rooijakkers (Ned) Skil-Shimano 5
Jurgen Van De Walle (Bel) Quick Step 3
Total retirements : 18

Old July 19th 09, 07:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Susan Walker

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest losers by time :
-45:37 Kenny Robert van Hummel

Yay! Seems like the decisive strike.
Old July 19th 09, 09:56 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

In article ,
Susan Walker wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest losers by time :
-45:37 Kenny Robert van Hummel

Yay! Seems like the decisive strike.

Heh. My wishlist for Bob's marvellous updates:

-top 5 (or top 10? or everyone within 2:00 of 1st?) always listed,
possibly with a mark for no-hopers

-Lantern Rouge numbers

Old July 19th 09, 11:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Howard Kveck

In article ,
Susan Walker wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest losers by time :
-45:37 Kenny Robert van Hummel

Yay! Seems like the decisive strike.

How he manages to get in without going over the time limit day after day is pretty
impressive. That puts him almost 40 minutes ahead, er, behind the next guy. Cool.

--
tanx,
Howard

Caught playing safe
It's a bored game

remove YOUR SHOES to reply, ok?
Old July 20th 09, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Michael Press

In article ,
Bob Martin wrote:

Biggest gainers by time :
+0:06 Alberto Contador Velasco

One way of looking at it.

--
Michael Press
Old July 20th 09, 08:21 AM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Martin

in 79543 20090719 215637 Ryan Cousineau wrote:
In article ,
Susan Walker wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest losers by time :
-45:37 Kenny Robert van Hummel

Yay! Seems like the decisive strike.

Heh. My wishlist for Bob's marvellous updates:

-top 5 (or top 10? or everyone within 2:00 of 1st?) always listed,
possibly with a mark for no-hopers

Top 5 instead of top 3 is no problem, neither are other suggestions.
Which do you prefer? How about top 5 or within 2 minutes, whichever
is the least (plus favourites, of course).

-Lantern Rouge numbers

Can you elaborate? You want the bottom 10 with unfavourites? ;-)

Old July 20th 09, 03:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Susan Walker wrote:

Bob Martin wrote:
Biggest losers by time :
-45:37 Kenny Robert van Hummel

Yay! Seems like the decisive strike.

Heh. My wishlist for Bob's marvellous updates:

-top 5 (or top 10? or everyone within 2:00 of 1st?) always listed,
possibly with a mark for no-hopers

Top 5 instead of top 3 is no problem, neither are other suggestions.
Which do you prefer? How about top 5 or within 2 minutes, whichever
is the least (plus favourites, of course).

Whichever is most, perhaps. We want to know who's still lingering
around, especially as the race gets later.

At this point, anyone in the top 5 has proven they can at least survive
a mountain stage and a TT without being hopelessly dropped.

-Lantern Rouge numbers

Can you elaborate? You want the bottom 10 with unfavourites? ;-)

Just so! Well, I don't expect unfavorites