KH hub type deal

Old March 10th 04, 06:42 PM
Ender

Default KH hub type deal

Last Friday I noticed that the main cap part of my frame had jumped off
of the bearing and was riding on the metal disk. it wore down the disc
and gave it a little lip. I pushed it back on and everything was fine
until yesterday. after riding for awhile I noticed that it happened
again. any ideas as to what causes this or how destructive it is or how
to fix it or if I need to replace anything?

-Samus

--
Ender - member of the Hell on Wheel gang
Ender's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3721

Old March 11th 04, 01:35 AM
Ender

Anybody?

Any input?

Anybody?

Old March 11th 04, 01:46 AM
Frank A.

It sounds like the main cap is just too loose. Tighten the retaining
screws with a 6mm allen key. Don't over tighten it, snug enough to stop
it from sliding outward on the bearing- but not so tight that it causes
the bearing to bind.
If I understand you correctly, the disc is just the KH version of a
spacer. It will do no harm.

Hope this helps.

- Frank

... also, check to see if the crank retaining bolt and/or the pinch
bolts are loose. It could be sliding outward and causing a gap on the
axle???

--
Frank A. - off-road

"Man's maturity: to have regained the seriousness that he had as a child
at play." - FRIEDRICH NIETZSCHE, Beyond Good and Evil

Frank A.'s Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/1710

Old March 11th 04, 01:47 AM
U-Turn

It sounds as though your frame legs are sprung out a little. The best
thing to do is to have somebody in your gang that does some regular
maintenance to look at it to make sure that's the problem.

--
U-Turn - Member of Generation XO

'Strongest Coker Wheel in the World'

-- Dave Stockton

Old March 11th 04, 04:41 AM
Ender

Ok thank you guys.
I did have it fairly tight so I think it might be the frame being bent.
Strangely enough John had the same thing happen to him today. Weird

-Samus

Oh yeah we both have KH frames

Gels vs Gatorade Ken Techniques 145 August 3rd 04 06:56 PM
ReL lactate testing / training Andy Coggan Racing 0 July 15th 04 10:18 PM
$200 for used Giant carbon fiber bike good deal? [email protected] Mountain Biking 10 April 10th 04 02:10 PM
What type of bicycle to get? xyzzy General 7 November 11th 03 02:15 AM
VDB admits doping...? HB Racing 123 October 9th 03 09:34 PM