Rockville Hills Park ride, 3/11/06

Old March 12th 06, 06:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default Rockville Hills Park ride, 3/11/06

A group of 10 from Northern California (from Santa Cruz to Roseville)
gathered yesterday for a Moab warm-up ride, in 'Rockville Hills Park'
(http://www.rockvillepark.org/) in Fairfield. Rockville Hills is a
city-owned park with a wide variety of terrain, including some huge
rock gardens (there's a whole trail called Rock Gardens), steep
technical sections, open sandstone and granite, and simple singletrack.
There are lots of oaks and some very pretty manzanita groves.

The park isn't that big, but there's so much stuff to play on that we
didn't get to it all, and we were all totally beat after four hours of
riding.

There's a day use fee of $2 per person, which is a bit of a bummer, but
it's worth the drive and the fee. Outstanding riding, and worthy
training for Moab.

Photos and a short video are in 'my gallery'
(http://tinyurl.com/rkl3y).

[image:
http://unicyclist.com/gallery2/main....85e2c64e29cd4]

--
tholub

Old March 12th 06, 09:46 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Day use fee? Was I suppose to pay something at the gate or ?

By the way, that was a fun ride

--
Daytripper63
Daytripper63's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10789

Old March 13th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Yeah, you were supposed to give the machine next to the gate $2.

Sweet. I'm in the video.

I gotta find some rocky slopes near home to practice.

--
phlegm
phlegm's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/8382

Old March 13th 06, 05:49 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Four hours...nice. Looks awesome! Rock gardening rules.

--
entropy
entropy's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/5816

Old March 13th 06, 09:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

The day use fee must be new. $2 is cheap for a place like Rockville.
Sorry I couldn't be there with you guys...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

"Idiot America—where fact is merely that which enough people believe,
and truth is measured only by how fervently they believe it." --
Charles Pierce, in Esquire Magazine

Old March 13th 06, 01:40 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Thats a beautiful place!

--
mango

*Neener, neener, neener. *-harper
mango's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/3892

Old March 14th 06, 09:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I had a ton of fun muni'ing there. The place was really really cool.
Lots of really hard and rocky stuff to ride.
-corbin

--
corbin

http://www.corbinstreehouse.com
corbin's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/7561

Old March 14th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

corbin wrote:
I had a ton of fun muni'ing there. The place was really really cool.
Lots of really hard and rocky stuff to ride.
-corbin

I failed to get a photo of the twist-drop; Corbin tried a 180 from one
high trail onto a lower, parallel trail, maybe about two feet laterally
and three feet down. He made the move but busted a spoke in the
process.

--
tholub

Old March 14th 06, 11:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

$.50/hr for some great riding seems more than fair to me

--
bmemike
bmemike's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11148