DynoHubs: What light bulbs/LED emitters?

Old March 23rd 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default DynoHubs: What light bulbs/LED emitters?

daveornee wrote:

Schmidt needs to do something to catch the Busch & Müller Lumotec IQ
Fly.
B & M have been using a Cree XR-E 7090 for a while now and have a
nicely packaged product for use with DynoHubs.

Perhaps, but how big is the market for headlamps costing 120 Euros?
Old March 23rd 08, 09:14 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Helmut Springer

SMS wrote:
Perhaps, but how big is the market for headlamps costing 120 Euros?

Having set out to provide high value solutions Schmidt probably has
an idea about that. Coming with a 5y warranty you look at 2EUR per
month, a cappuccino is about 2.50EUR here, YMMV.

Expensive? Yes. Value for the money? Yes. Same market as
Schmidt's hub dynamo, the Rohloff, Brooks, frames made to measure...

Compare it to a brand pair of jeans, good shoes, not to talk about a
full tank of gas (65l are about 90EUR here).

--
MfG/Best regards
helmut springer panta rhei
Old March 23rd 08, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
daveornee[_161_]

SMS Wrote:
daveornee wrote:

Schmidt needs to do something to catch the Busch & Müller Lumotec IQ
Fly.
B & M have been using a Cree XR-E 7090 for a while now and have a
nicely packaged product for use with DynoHubs.

Perhaps, but how big is the market for headlamps costing 120 Euros?

~55 Euros for the B & M Lumotec IQ Fly.... at least if my conversion
is correct and price current.... still a lot of money for a light....
but it is a very high quality product with Schmidt coming confirming
this market is still vialble.

--
daveornee

Old March 25th 08, 05:17 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

(PeteCresswell) wrote:
Per SMS:
Alas, not sure it's still available.

I bought a half-dozen for gifts last week at a Lowe's in the
Philadelphia area. Hopefully it wasn't the last of them.

My local Lowe's now has a bunch of them in stock, after not having any
for months. I think they get snapped up very quickly as soon as they
arrive at the store.

Front light bulbs - LED vs. halogen vs. krypton vs. xenon... Jim D UK 44 November 16th 06 01:17 PM
Light Bulbs jkinney2 General 9 November 27th 05 03:46 AM
SA Dynohubs and matching light sets Lenny Techniques 15 September 9th 04 11:17 PM
Dynohubs Chris Davies UK 28 August 31st 04 10:27 PM
bike light bulbs stu Australia 5 January 20th 04 05:52 AM