How can I blacken stainless steel spokes?

Old May 23rd 09, 11:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Michael Press

Default How can I blacken stainless steel spokes?

In article ,
Still Just Me wrote:

On Thu, 21 May 2009 21:31:06 -0700 (PDT), someone
wrote:

gravity and magnetism are magic. I'll use magic if it will help.

Reasons for those forces are unknown, all we have are theories on how
they work.

Mathematically, elegantly, and astoundingly accurately.

--
Michael Press

---
pi sqrt{3} [pi sqrt{3} ] 3 \ 1
---------- tanh [-----------] = - / -----------
2 [ 2 ] 2 --- nn - n + 1
0 n
Old May 23rd 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

wrote:

gravity and magnetism are magic. I'll use magic if it will help.

Reasons for those forces are unknown, all we have are theories on how
they work.

Mathematically, elegantly, and astoundingly accurately.

Which makes our ignorance all the more noteworthy.

--
Michael Press

---
pi sqrt{3} [pi sqrt{3} ] 3 \ 1
---------- tanh [-----------] = - / -----------
2 [ 2 ] 2 --- nn - n + 1
0 n

Old May 24th 09, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_2_]

On May 23, 8:02*pm, Still Just Me
wrote:
On Sat, 23 May 2009 13:13:40 -0700 (PDT), someone

wrote:

wrote:
gravity and magnetism are magic. *I'll use magic if it will help.

Reasons for those forces are unknown, all we have are theories on how
they work. So, magic, God, take your pick - just be sure to pre-stress
your spokes so that the spoke God won't be offended.

Back to CERN now to spend a few billion more to collide some particles
that were never supposed to collide here on Earth and see if the magic
wears off.

What gave you the idea there's a spoke god?

It's in the Bible. Ezekiel saw the wheel, way up in the air.

And it apparently had no broken spokes, or Zeke would have mentioned
them.

- Frank Krygowski
Old May 24th 09, 10:26 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Frank Krygowski wrote:
And it apparently had no broken spokes, or Zeke would have mentioned
them.

Wheels = Ezekiel
For Spoke see Zarathustra

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old May 24th 09, 10:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Tom Sherman °_°

Frank Krygowski wrote:
And it apparently had no broken spokes, or Zeke would have mentioned
them.

Wheels = Ezekiel
For Spoke see Zarathustra

Singular spoke - must be a Citroen wheel.

--
Tom Sherman - 42.435731,-83.985007
LOCAL CACTUS EATS CYCLIST - datakoll
Old November 29th 17, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 12:18:18 PM UTC-7, Johan Bornman wrote:
Nowadays with all the spoke options I am hard-pressed to keep, or
indeed, find stock of all the permutations. How do they blacken spokes
and can this be done in a workshop as and when needed?

Call Lee at KHS Bicyle Parts.
Old November 29th 17, 05:41 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 12:18:18 PM UTC-7, Johan Bornman wrote:
Nowadays with all the spoke options I am hard-pressed to keep, or
indeed, find stock of all the permutations. How do they blacken spokes
and can this be done in a workshop as and when needed?

Call Lee and KHS Bicycle Parts.
Old November 30th 17, 06:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Martin Borsje[_11_]

On Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 12:18:18 PM UTC-7, Johan Bornman wrote:
Nowadays with all the spoke options I am hard-pressed to keep, or
indeed, find stock of all the permutations. How do they blacken spokes
and can this be done in a workshop as and when needed?

Call Lee at KHS Bicyle Parts.

I think, after nine years the problem has either been solved or vanished lol