red lights are for other people

Old December 6th 17, 03:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Default red lights are for other people

Andrew Muzi
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

Old December 6th 17, 04:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 12/5/2017 9:23 PM, AMuzi wrote:

In a situation like that, I suppose we'll never know what was in his
mind as he entered the intersection. It's hard to believe ignoring the
light would be deliberate, unless he was suicidal.

Once, riding home from work, I saw our former department secretary run a
downtown red light at speed in her distinctive little car. If another
car had been coming, she'd have been creamed. She was the furthest thing
from a scofflaw, so I assume her mind was elsewhere.

And BTW, this was before cell phones were a common thing.

- Frank Krygowski