for sale 1974 Motobecane Grand Record.now Full Dura Ace

Old August 2nd 11, 01:44 AM posted to rec.bicycles.marketplace
crj

Default for sale 1974 Motobecane Grand Record.now Full Dura Ace

selling my updated 1974 Motobecane Grand Record 57cm c-c . Owned since
1974 this was rebuilt with a 531 head tube, not like the factory bikes
which were NOT all 531 even tho the Reynolds sticker said it was. I
replaced the head tube that broke in 1981with a real Reynolds 531 head
tube, Most of the GR did NOT have a 531 head tube....I Know of at
least 6 or more from the Classics Rendezvous list and from looking at
others that confirmed a head tube with a seam in it..... I also
replaced non 531 steering tube with Columbus steering tube because it
was non Reynolds also. I can use real stems on it not just french
stems. The steering tube is un cut so that I could raise the bars up
when I get old. . .. . . $175.00 to have MarkNobilette align the frame
and put in a new Columbus steering tube. ( see http://www.nobilettecycles.com/background.htm)

all Dura Ace....6 speed rear hub with 7 cogs on it with 9 speed down
tube shifters....= 7 speed on a 120mm rear spacing...... .Dura Ace 7
speed rear and front derailleur with Dura Ace 175mm cranks and 39-53
chainrings. +. ....the original 1974 Dura Ace brakes I bought in 1974
on this bike. I have polished and rear converted to hidden bolt same
for front brakes recessed bolt 1970's vintage Cinelli Stem (1A) and
Altera Bars with DA brake levers new (2001).all brake cable housing
Teflon lined. Custom machined cable end fittings on brakes and
derailleur housing.
DA hubs with 32 spoke DT spokes cross 3 lacing Wober rear rim and
Ambrosio front rim...continental Gatorsking tires built using Park
Spoke tension gauge
Silca frame fit pump with Campagnolo head. . .Campagnolo headset and
seat post bolt 2 Braze on fittings for water bottle and rear braze on
fittings for Blackburn rear rack. Avocet 50 altimeter Benotto bar
tape. new
Re-painted after Mark rebuilt the steering tube in 2001 painted with
Centari Silver and Black enamel with hardener and etching primer used
for first coat....

see http://www.flickr.com/photos/3917646...7626859410307/
for more photos
$650.00 firm