Cyclists banned from part of A19

Old July 24th 15, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
MrCheerful

Default Cyclists banned from part of A19

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...-after-9719544
Old July 24th 15, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon mason

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:43:26 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...-after-9719544

Looks like a lot of "viable transport" going nowhere fast.

Any decent cyclist would be past that blockage in moments.
Old July 24th 15, 04:11 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 11:59:58 +0000 (UTC)
Simon mason wrote:

On Fri, 24 Jul 2015 12:43:26 +0100, Mrcheerful wrote:

http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...-after-9719544

Looks like a lot of "viable transport" going nowhere fast.

Any decent cyclist would be past that blockage in moments.

It does look like a horrible road for cyclists, and there seems to be
plenty of scope for alternate routes. Both the Newport and Transporter
bridges are open to pedestrians and cyclists, and you can reach either
from Wynyard by taking a fairly direct route mostly avoiding A roads,
at least according to my careful inspection of Google Maps[1].

[1] I'm assuming you can cut through the golf club car park (at worst
it's a low fence) and that the track down to Sandy Lane is passable -
hard to see because it's covered by trees.

Old July 24th 15, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...-after-9719544

Blast!
The nation needs organ donors.

Old July 24th 15, 05:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 24 July 2015 17:33:29 UTC+1, Adia wrote:

Blast!
The nation needs organ donors.

You surprise me! You mean you would accept an organ donated by a
psychologist?

Here are some pukka petrolhead organs fresh in today he could use instead.
Slight seconds.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-mountain.html
Old July 24th 15, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 24 July 2015 17:57:18 UTC+1, Adia wrote:
Alycidon wrote:

On Friday, 24 July 2015 17:33:29 UTC+1, Adia wrote:

Blast!
The nation needs organ donors.

You surprise me! You mean you would accept an organ donated by a
psychologist?

Here are some pukka petrolhead organs fresh in today he could use instead.
Slight seconds.

Ew, is this in bad taste?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...-mountain.html

Looks very nasty, actually. The two where in a race, either a
prearranged illegal one or possibly the two cars had simply met by
chance.

It was apparently an illegal race from Brussels to Budapest.

https://www.thegreatrally.com/the-gr...an-rally-2015/

Racing on public roads is bad enough, but Alpine hairpins?
Madness.
Old July 24th 15, 06:19 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Alycidon

On Friday, 24 July 2015 18:04:50 UTC+1, Alycidon wrote:

It was apparently an illegal race from Brussels to Budapest.

https://www.thegreatrally.com/the-gr...an-rally-2015/

Racing on public roads is bad enough, but Alpine hairpins?
Madness.

The police are now saying it was a legal rally and they weren't racing.

Old July 24th 15, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Adia" wrote in message
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...-after-9719544

Blast!
The nation needs organ donors.

You surprise me! You mean you would accept an organ donated by a
psychologist?

If I knew where it came from, yes.
I'd rather be dead than have something from a cyclist inside me.

Old July 24th 15, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

"Adia" wrote in message
news
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"Adia" wrote in message
. ..
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...-after-9719544

Blast!
The nation needs organ donors.

You surprise me! You mean you would accept an organ donated by a
psychologist?

If I knew where it came from, yes.
I'd rather be dead than have something from a cyclist inside me.

No way, that is so hard to believe.

So, any person who gets on a
bicycle is persona non grata thereafter, as far as you are concerned?

Yes.

Really?

If it *really* came down to it, then I would like to think so.
I would most certainly refuse an organ from a nig .......... coloured
person.

Old July 24th 15, 07:57 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
David Lang

On 24/07/2015 17:33, Adia wrote:
Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

"Mrcheerful" wrote in message
http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/te...-after-9719544

Blast!
The nation needs organ donors.

You surprise me! You mean you would accept an organ donated by a
psychologist?

It could have it's merits. The brain would be unused.