Taya Chain

Old August 29th 17, 10:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Taya Chain

On 2017-08-29 09:42, sms wrote:
On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
I replaced the chain that I broke on Saturday with one I had in my
garage that I must have purchased five to ten years ago.

It has a connecting link and it says "Taya" on it. It's for 6,7,8
gearing. It seems okay, but I think that this is the first time I've
used a chain with a connecting link since childhood. I looked up Taya
and it's a big Taiwanese chain manufacturer.

I still have a Sachs-Sedis 7-speed chain on my road bike which I bought
from a friend as NOS, for $6 which was the old sticker price (the
sticker had already turned brownish). No link, mounted with hammer and
anvil as usual. To my utter amazement it doesn't show any measurable
stretch after over 2000mi and sometimes I really put the coals on
because of our hills. Even the old Wippermann chains could not rival
that. I am very religious about chain cleaning and lube though.

The old 5-6-7 speed Sachs chains wore out three days after the bike
was junked.

The Sedis (later Sachs-Sedis) material and Delta hardening process was
not only exceptional but unsurpassed down to today except for possibly
Record chains. That ended with SRAM.

You can still find some NOS (new old stock) of the Sedisport 6/7 chains.
About $25.

I saw a lot of them on EBay at that price range stating "pre-owned" in
the ad, meaning used and who knows for how many miles or whether
properly maintained.

The topper I ever saw was "pre-owned" underwear. Yikes.

What if they were pre-owned by Elizabeth Taylor?
Old August 29th 17, 11:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

It was men's underwear ...

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old August 30th 17, 06:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

What makes you think that Elizabeth Taylor didn't wear men's underwear? She got pretty large near the end.
Old August 30th 17, 09:35 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

How about Chiyaki Kuriyama? AFAICT she doesn't even wear underwear at all.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...k1.0zfyIxpXhdg

Old August 31st 17, 02:00 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

In a less humorousness vein, did you know that "back in the day"
runners used to wear women's panties? Now, of course, running shorts
incorporate "panties" so it is no longer necessary to rob the lingerie
drawer :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old August 31st 17, 02:10 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

Chiyaki Kuriyama is Japanese and if she were to wear a formal Kimono
then certainly she does not wear underpants in that instance :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old August 31st 17, 07:58 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JQ

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

Back in what day and what part of the world?

--
Ride fast, ride hard, ride for health and enjoyment... JQ Dancing on the
edge

---

Old August 31st 17, 12:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_3_]

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

Back in the day when I first started running and in the U.S. but as I
said, "modern" running shorts incorporate built in "panties".
see:
http://tinyurl.com/y7xnwz8n
http://tinyurl.com/yd9jq7fm
--
Cheers,

John B.

Old August 31st 17, 05:36 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On 2017-08-28 13:43, sms wrote:
[...]

Back in the day?!? I didn't know that the 1990', when I was trying "Hanes Her Way" instead of Perl Izumi was "back in the day"
Old August 31st 17, 11:40 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JQ

On 8/31/2017 7:36 AM, John B. wrote:
On Thu, 31 Aug 2017 02:58:27 -0400, JQ wrote:

On 8/30/2017 9:00 PM, John B. wrote:
In a less humorousness vein, did you know that "back in the day"
runners used to wear women's panties? Now, of course, running shorts
incorporate "panties" so it is no longer necessary to rob the lingerie
drawer :-)
--
Cheers,

John B.

Back in what day and what part of the world?

Back in the day when I first started running and in the U.S. but as I
said, "modern" running shorts incorporate built in "panties".
see:
http://tinyurl.com/y7xnwz8n
http://tinyurl.com/yd9jq7fm
--
Cheers,

John B.

Back in the day when I was a runner on the USA national scene, I never
wore women's undies nor anyone that I knew. Now some did wear women's
leggings during the winter and freezing temps for races, as far as I
know we all wore men's briefs. My day was back in the 70's, I can't say
post 70's as I was no longer able to run.