WHY???

Old September 26th 03, 09:17 PM
Lee

Default WHY???

Why would someone be so stupid as to sell this bike. Oh right, never mind.

The same seller is selling an ersatz Colnago track bike. One of the decals
looks like it was printed right off a laser printer, the bike has brake
mount drillings and cable stops for brake cables and it has *no* Colnago
logos on lugs...

Sheesh.

Lee

Old September 26th 03, 09:59 PM

Why not??????

(remove clothes to reply)
Old September 26th 03, 11:52 PM
Tim McNamara

Lee wrote:

Why would someone be so stupid as to sell this bike. Oh right, never mind.

Don't you really mean "Why would someone be so stupid as to buy this
bike"? But even in that case, someone who restores old French bikes
might find a treasure trove of parts on this bike, even though the frame
is trashed.

The same seller is selling an ersatz Colnago track bike. One of the decals
looks like it was printed right off a laser printer, the bike has brake
mount drillings and cable stops for brake cables and it has *no* Colnago
logos on lugs...

Yikes.

Old September 27th 03, 12:19 PM
jjr071160

Personally, I like the bent fork from a front impact - you can't find that
on every bike, a unique feature I'm sure someone is looking for.

Old September 27th 03, 01:24 PM
Derek Torrington

I dunno, this particular seller has a niche for selling odd stuff. I
have a fetish for old stuff myself, altough not of this type. He
obviously has done well at it, look at his feedback.
If I was trying to hose my customers by selling them junk I certainly
would not post pictures showing how the product truly appears.
Both of these bikes have seen better days and the seller (to me at
least) is not trying to conceal that.
Thanks
Derek
Old September 27th 03, 03:10 PM
Tom Kunich

You know, you're correct that it isn't a Colnago, but it isn't a piece
of junk either though it plainly has been abused.

"Lee" wrote in message

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...298&item=36286
81049