First rain ride of the season

Old October 21st 04, 07:15 PM
Rick Warner

"Boris Foelsch" wrote in message servers.com...
"Rick Warner" wrote in message

If full fenders do not fit, the RaceBlades are the next best thing.
They channel all the muck right at the brake mounts so you have a lot
of extra grit and garbage piling up on the brakes. I vote for the
full SKS fenders if you have the room; takes only 5-10 minutes to
mount and keep things a lot cleaner [I have 1 bike with RaceBlades,
two with full fenders, and one with no fender].

I have to agree, though mine took longer to mount and I do have some issues
with the way they mount on some bikes, like mine. If you have a unicrown
fork with a brake bolt that protrudes in the back (is not countersunk), that
is best.

If you have recessed brake mount, just move the tab to the other side
and mount to the bolt; that is what I did on my old steel Trek which
had recessed brakes in front but nutted on the rear.

Having one bike with full fenders (and in my case an improvised splashguard
on the bottom)

Always good to extend with a mudflap; I did that on the RaceBlades as
well :-)

really makes a huge difference. As long as it's not raining
hard, my feet even stay dry. The setup keeps your legs and drivetrain free
of most gunk.

And your back, too. And with a proper rear fender and mudflap my
riding buddies stay drier, too. Hate to get caught in someone's
rooster tail on a wet day :-(

Stay drier, ride longer :-)

- rick

54th Birthday Ride Olebiker General 12 November 17th 04 02:09 AM
Sunday's ride Mikefule Unicycling 19 May 6th 04 04:54 PM
Curse be damned, I got to ride! Rick Onanian Rides 0 April 23rd 04 04:09 AM
Another interminable write up of a ride Mikefule Unicycling 9 April 1st 04 05:15 AM
Lar's 24 hr ride part 2 Cokerhead Unicycling 4 July 18th 03 01:34 AM