Ganging Up On Poor Tyler

Old October 23rd 04, 02:41 PM
B. Lafferty

Default Ganging Up On Poor Tyler

"Michael Rogers is happy for us to prosecute this on his behalf, and so we
have become a party to the Russian appeal," AOC president John Coates
said. -Jacquelin Magnay, Sydney Morning Herald

From VeloNews. Eki and Rog have no problems going after Tyler, and
apparently no doubts about the validity of the new test. So is there some
bad blood between them (pun intended).

--
How strange when an illusion dies, it's as though you've lost a child.--Judy
Garland

Old October 23rd 04, 03:16 PM
Badger South

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:41:31 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

"Michael Rogers is happy for us to prosecute this on his behalf, and so we
have become a party to the Russian appeal," AOC president John Coates
said. -Jacquelin Magnay, Sydney Morning Herald

From VeloNews. Eki and Rog have no problems going after Tyler, and
apparently no doubts about the validity of the new test. So is there some
bad blood between them (pun intended).

Be prepared to shortly witness a massive jumping ship of all TH's support
(what there is?), and he won't be able to get laid in a whorehouse with a
thousand dollar bill taped to his forehead.

-B

Old October 23rd 04, 03:33 PM
B. Lafferty

"Badger South" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:41:31 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

"Michael Rogers is happy for us to prosecute this on his behalf, and so we
have become a party to the Russian appeal," AOC president John Coates
said. -Jacquelin Magnay, Sydney Morning Herald

From VeloNews. Eki and Rog have no problems going after Tyler, and
apparently no doubts about the validity of the new test. So is there some
bad blood between them (pun intended).

Be prepared to shortly witness a massive jumping ship of all TH's support
(what there is?), and he won't be able to get laid in a whorehouse with a
thousand dollar bill taped to his forehead.

-B

But will he then break with Omerta? If his career is over by suspension,
maybe seeing other juiced peloton friends rolling on raking in the money
will motivate him to spill his guts.

Old October 23rd 04, 03:41 PM
Badger South

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:33:23 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

"Badger South" wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 13:41:31 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

"Michael Rogers is happy for us to prosecute this on his behalf, and so we
have become a party to the Russian appeal," AOC president John Coates
said. -Jacquelin Magnay, Sydney Morning Herald

From VeloNews. Eki and Rog have no problems going after Tyler, and
apparently no doubts about the validity of the new test. So is there some
bad blood between them (pun intended).

Be prepared to shortly witness a massive jumping ship of all TH's support
(what there is?), and he won't be able to get laid in a whorehouse with a
thousand dollar bill taped to his forehead.

-B

But will he then break with Omerta? If his career is over by suspension,
maybe seeing other juiced peloton friends rolling on raking in the money
will motivate him to spill his guts.

What do other pros do? AFAIK, only 2 or 3 lately have spilled.

Is he not indie-wealthy?

Will Eki be riding around in his beemer and get a call on the cell from an
irate TH?

I'd rather see/talk about them all racing their bikes, frankly.

-B
(make that an, er..one hundred dollar bill)

Old October 23rd 04, 03:51 PM
B. Lafferty

"Badger South" wrote in message
But will he then break with Omerta? If his career is over by suspension,
maybe seeing other juiced peloton friends rolling on raking in the money
will motivate him to spill his guts.

What do other pros do? AFAIK, only 2 or 3 lately have spilled.

Is he not indie-wealthy?

Will Eki be riding around in his beemer and get a call on the cell from an
irate TH?

I'd rather see/talk about them all racing their bikes, frankly.

-B
(make that an, er..one hundred dollar bill)

Omerta is very hard to break. I suspect that TH made decent money with
Postal and has certainly seen a marked increase in pay/endorsements since
his LBL win with CSC. Phonak clearly paid a good price. That said, IMO,
TH's best earning years are ahead of him. One could literally see a
suspension costing him a couple of $Million. Maybe he could form an
anti-drug foundation with Prentis Steffen and work with Lemond's junior
development team. ;-)

If they all came clean and rode clean, all we'd have to talk about would be
the racing. Hit it Louie--"I see trees of green...........What a wonderful
world."

Old October 23rd 04, 04:16 PM
Badger South

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:51:06 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

If they all came clean and rode clean, all we'd have to talk about would be
the racing. Hit it Louie--"I see trees of green...........What a wonderful
world."

Turning this back to racing, um, if they all came clean would we, how do
you say? Notice it?

I mean would bike racing ultimately be the same to watch? Certainly it
would be feel different to them. They rode the Tour before drugs (though,
lol, I wouldn't want to say that any Tour was ever ridden by a pro that
didn't do some kind of chemical, coffee, pain killers).

I don't think the fans would mind the slight diminishment.

Would we have less 'superstarts'? Would wins be more spread out among the
top 20 pros? Your take?

-B

Old October 23rd 04, 04:43 PM
B. Lafferty

"Badger South" wrote in message
On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 14:51:06 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

If they all came clean and rode clean, all we'd have to talk about would
be
the racing. Hit it Louie--"I see trees of green...........What a
wonderful
world."

Turning this back to racing, um, if they all came clean would we, how do
you say? Notice it?

IMO, yes.

I mean would bike racing ultimately be the same to watch? Certainly it
would be feel different to them. They rode the Tour before drugs (though,
lol, I wouldn't want to say that any Tour was ever ridden by a pro that
didn't do some kind of chemical, coffee, pain killers).

I don't think the fans would mind the slight diminishment.

Would we have less 'superstarts'? Would wins be more spread out among the
top 20 pros? Your take?

IMO, the racing would be more like it was late 1980s and before. There
probably would be fewer super stars. Those with naturally high hematocrits,
like Cunego, would probably flourish. They would suffer more in the
mountains and climb the mountains at reduced speeds with fewer rider
together as the cols progressed on mountain stages. Average speeds for races
would drop by 2 or 3 km per hour.

I agree that the fans would not mind. They might even enjoy it more. As a
coffee addict, I'd let them have as much caffeine as they like, as long as
it came in the form of coffee or espresso.

Old October 23rd 04, 04:52 PM
Richard Longwood

Evil exists. Professional cycling and everything else under the sun is
subject to it.

ink.net...

Old October 23rd 04, 05:24 PM
Badger South

On Sat, 23 Oct 2004 15:43:42 GMT, "B. Lafferty" wrote:

They would suffer more in the
mountains and climb the mountains at reduced speeds with fewer rider
together as the cols progressed on mountain stages. Average speeds for races
would drop by 2 or 3 km per hour.

Thx. If I recall, there was not infrequent commentary about the 'boring'
quotient in '04 being a bit high, b/c everyone was hanging, the peloton was
quite bunched/big, fewer breakouts. Some was, of course, b/c of Postal's
team abilities... I don't know how racing was in the 80s, iow, I guess, but
my take was that Phil and Co. remembered more exciting dayz. ;-)

I agree that the fans would not mind. They might even enjoy it more. As a
coffee addict, I'd let them have as much caffeine as they like, as long as
it came in the form of coffee or espresso.

What about 'ban EPO, 'roids, and amphetamines, coke/crack, meth, etc.', and
let the rest slide? IOW, the top stuff that actually has a non-ambiguous
cheating effect.

Sure ephedrine, andro have some subtle effects, but why make the policy in
line with Harry Anslinger? We already know heroin, narcotics and hard drugs
are illegal, do we have to be testing for them just b/c we can. (This is
getting difficult to sustain as an argument - selectivity, that is).

Maybe I'm trying to say simplify, dump the testing for pseudophed
byproducts, and that crap.

Add a "nobody releases results (prematurely)". You get the required
two/three samples, the team is notified in private, and the individual is
suspended, or canceled, and that's it.

The rules need streamlined. They're -not- gonna totally clean up the sport,
but it can be made a heck of a lot cleaner, so drop the 'phone taps',
harassment with IOC using the press as a weapon, stick with clear evidence,
and maybe the 'boys' would be convinced to get on board, and both sides
would be working together.

Nah... ;-

-B

Old October 23rd 04, 11:00 PM
L. Seer

"B. Lafferty" wrote in message link.net...
[...]

Well, if he is suspended and officially deemed a doper, it's likely
that he's been doping the whole time, and doping significantly
enhanced those bigger pay-checks he's already received and gave him
the trophies he's won. It seems like there should be some kind of
penalty for doping offenses which involves past pay. Something stuck
in the UCI rules which says you are fined a large percentage of your
contracts from the previous four years (or something like that).
Otherwise, what do dopers risk by doping if they would never have made
much money in the first place? Heck, when they decided to dope, their
image certainly wasn't deemed to be as important as their future
contract values and/or the fame of winning some trophy. Maybe the UCI
or someone else will start to make these guys pay financially. The
small potential for shame and the loss of future income doesn't cut it
as a deterent given the slim chances of getting caught and the
enhanced contracts up to getting busted.

Maybe if Tyler is suspended, somebody will figure out a way to make
him pay financially for the gains he has made.