In memoriam Gerrie Knetemann

Old November 2nd 04, 07:45 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

B. Lafferty wrote:

"Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS" wrote in message

Jonathan v.d. Sluis wrote:

Today Dutch national coach and former cyclist Gerrie Knetemann has passed
away. He was 53 years old.

Sad. Had he been ill?
I remember a photo of an impromptu rock band with Knetemann, Ras, maybe
Kuiper?

I remember an absolutely dreadful recording by the Raleigh boys that I was
forced to listen to at a German Club social event,

Wow--I thought they'd let it go at just a photo!

Steve

PS. Somehow I didn't figure your were in the GBSC, though I should have.

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old November 2nd 04, 07:48 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:42:58 -0500, Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:

Sad. Had he been ill?

No. He suddenly fell ill today while skiing (on an artificial ski slope
in Holland) and later died in hospital. Probable heart attack.

Damn.

Well, better than dying watching TV.
Very sad.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Old November 2nd 04, 07:55 PM
B. Lafferty

Ewoud Dronkert wrote:

On Tue, 02 Nov 2004 13:42:58 -0500, Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS wrote:

Sad. Had he been ill?

No. He suddenly fell ill today while skiing (on an artificial ski slope
in Holland) and later died in hospital. Probable heart attack.

Damn.

Well, better than dying watching TV.
Very sad.

Depends. I have a woman teacher friend in Louisiana who is Belgian. Her
father and grandfather would take her to the mountains every summer to watch
the Tour (Merckx) in the mountains. When her grandfather was a nursing home
with dementia, a the only thing that would calm him when agitated was
bicycle racing on TV. He watched his last Tour and died a few days
later--presumably a happy man.

Old November 2nd 04, 08:18 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

B. Lafferty wrote:

Depends. I have a woman teacher friend in Louisiana who is Belgian. Her
father and grandfather would take her to the mountains every summer to watch
the Tour (Merckx) in the mountains. When her grandfather was a nursing home
with dementia, a the only thing that would calm him when agitated was
bicycle racing on TV. He watched his last Tour and died a few days
later--presumably a happy man.

Now that you mention it, I'm noticing how calm everyone around here is.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com

Old November 2nd 04, 08:29 PM
B. Lafferty

B. Lafferty wrote:

Depends. I have a woman teacher friend in Louisiana who is Belgian. Her
father and grandfather would take her to the mountains every summer to
watch the Tour (Merckx) in the mountains. When her grandfather was a
nursing home with dementia, a the only thing that would calm him when
agitated was bicycle racing on TV. He watched his last Tour and died a
few days later--presumably a happy man.

Now that you mention it, I'm noticing how calm everyone around here is.

Steve

Which is to say that there is rampant dementia here?

Old November 2nd 04, 08:37 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

B. Lafferty wrote:

Which is to say that there is rampant dementia here?

That diagnosis is beyond the scope of my license to practice dentistry
in the state of New York.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS