In memoriam Gerrie Knetemann

Old November 2nd 04, 09:37 PM
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS

B. Lafferty wrote:

Which is to say that there is rampant dementia here?

That diagnosis is beyond the scope of my license to practice dentistry
in the state of New York.

Steve

--
Mark & Steven Bornfeld DDS
http://www.dentaltwins.com
Old November 2nd 04, 11:59 PM
Shussbar

No. He suddenly fell ill today while skiing (on an artificial ski slope
in Holland) and later died in hospital. Probable heart attack.

Damn.

Altitude sickness. This is what happens when you live long enough below sea
level.

Poor taste humor. A lad died and you try a cheap joke??... I am impress.

Old November 3rd 04, 12:20 AM
B. Lafferty

"Shussbar" wrote in message
No. He suddenly fell ill today while skiing (on an artificial ski slope
in Holland) and later died in hospital. Probable heart attack.

Damn.

Altitude sickness. This is what happens when you live long enough below
sea
level.

Poor taste humor. A lad died and you try a cheap joke??... I am impress.

Psssst....I don't care what you think.

Old November 3rd 04, 12:21 AM
benjo maso

"Jonathan v.d. Sluis" wrote in message
Today Dutch national coach and former cyclist Gerrie Knetemann has passed
away. He was 53 years old.

I'm really shocked. He wasn't particularly gifted and as an amateur he
wasn't considered to be very promising, but thanks to his intelligence,
perserverance and toughness he made a great career: winner of the world
championship, the Amstel Gold Race (twice), the GP Zürich, Paris-Nice and 10
stages in the Tour. One of his greatest talents was his eloquence, which
made him very popular with the media, altough less with his colleagues. I've
met him twice and what's mo he once sent me an e-mail referring to one of
my postings in rbr ... May he rest in peace.

Benjo Maso

Old November 3rd 04, 01:22 AM
Ewoud Dronkert

On Wed, 3 Nov 2004 00:21:28 +0100, benjo maso wrote:
and what's mo he once sent me an e-mail referring to one
of my postings in rbr ... May he rest in peace.

Ah yes, I guess you can say it now.

--
Firefox Web Browser - Rediscover the web - http://getffox.com/

Old November 3rd 04, 02:29 AM
Tom Paterson

From: "benjo maso"

thanks to his intelligence,
perserverance and toughness he made a great career: winner of the world
championship, the Amstel Gold Race (twice), the GP Zürich, Paris-Nice and 10
stages in the Tour.

Was one of those stages possibly a win over Hinault in an individual time
trial? I remember he did this in some event, and was one of the few to take one
away from Le Patron. He won the Tour of Holland four times, too. --TP