Disappointing (was Recommended high-volume floor-type bicycle pumps?)

Old August 10th 03, 04:22 PM
Dick Durbin

Default Disappointing (was Recommended high-volume floor-type bicycle pumps?)

"Harris" wrote in message et...
The attachment to the valve seems to be an issue for a lot of people. For
road tires with presta valves, it's hard to beat Silca's big brass presta
chuck.

I know I will get flamed for this, but I have to disagree with you on
that one. They work fine when new but you have to keep replacing
them. I get so tired of having to wait for friends who still use that
Silca brass head. They can't get it to stay on and have to have
someone hold it on for them or have to use a Velcro strap to hold it
on.

Most of my friends use a Joe Blow pump clone with a thumb lock. It's
cheap, works every time, and you don't have to have a separate pump
for your shraeder valves.

I know that the Joe Blow is the Volkswagon of bike pumps but I would
rather have a Volkswagon that runs than a Mercedes that doesn't.

Dick Durbin