WTB: Cheap bicycle in brooklyn

Old July 12th 03, 10:26 PM
kanti

Default WTB: Cheap bicycle in brooklyn

I am looking for a street bike that used and cheap. I want to spend
less than $50, but if the bike is really good, I'll spend more. If
you have a bike that you want to sell and you are in brooklyn -- email
me with some details. I am about 5'7" and I need a bike that would
fit a person of that size.

Please include a phone number with your email, so that we can complete
this transaction quickly.

Thanks,

kanti
Old July 13th 03, 03:47 AM
Mcget

Not to put a negative edge on things... but why not just post, PLEASE SELL ME A
STOLEN BIKE?

Realistically, any worthwhile bike is going to cost 250-600 new. Cut that in
half and you're still well over $50.

Anyone with half a brain and a functioning bike will want more than $50 for
it--simply from a functional standpoint.

That's leaves people with less than half a brain or those who paid nothing for
the bike, and so will go with $50.

Bikes are a cheap and great way to get around, but really, $50 or under is a
category that is pretty much dominated by bike thieves.

just my two cents.

Michael Mcgettigan/trophy bikes phila