Shipping Case/Bag 4 Travel

Old August 21st 08, 12:13 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
florida

Default Shipping Case/Bag 4 Travel

I just received my wheel bah from Rome and my 29 inch nimbus does not
fit. I must take a trip to California and need my unicycle. Does anyone
know a company that sells a case/bag for my unicycle? Please dont say
UDC, that bags/case is too big.

--
florida
Old August 21st 08, 12:31 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
flyer

the largest mygpack I think would work. I have one for a freestyle and I
just checked it as baggage, nobody had any issue with it. I (perhaps
unwisely) didn't even take the pedals off!

--
flyer
Old August 21st 08, 02:09 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chrashing

Why doesn't it fit? I used a Rome bag to take my 29" uni from NY to
Florida. I had to let the air out of the tire, and it fit. I like the
Rome bag.

It is a snug fit. I found putting a cargo strap around the tire helped
keep the tire compressed while putting the wheel in the bag. Once in
the bag the strap is not necessary, mine would loosen itself up.

The strap I use is something like this one, mine isn't ratchet, more of
pinch tighten. Think I got mine at Kmart for ~6 dollars.
http://tinyurl.com/6fbvg7

--
Chrashing

Regards,
Ken

I've been flying.......
Old August 21st 08, 02:57 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
johnfoss

We can make custom bags to order. We've got a commercial sewing machine
(goes through heavy nylon webbing material) and a woman who's a genius
at making anything with fabrics. So far we've just made the one large
Coker bag for me, but we can make whatever you need. Pricing will
depend on materials and turn-around probably won't be fast as we'll
have to research the materials and go over bag design with you to come
up with a price. Ballpark: Handmade in America. Not cheap. I need
to get some pictures of my big bag and post some information for
starters...

--
johnfoss

John Foss

Man with broken collar bone say: "Have you checked your shoelaces
lately?"
Old August 16th 10, 06:40 PM
dannyum dannyum is offline
Junior Member

I'm very happy with my custom made bike case from SouthPak.

They make custom cases with custom prepared foam to fit your needs exactly.

They also have a big collection of shipping cases that they distribute. You can compare prices and dimensions of various shipping case brands at this web page. Their soft cases information is here.

Shipping Case/Bag 4 Travel vanpaun Unicycling 0 August 21st 08 12:19 AM
Travel Case? cody Unicycling 3 February 6th 08 11:12 PM
Best travel case ? Lou D'Amelio Techniques 5 November 11th 07 01:31 PM
S&S travel bike-their hard case or the soft case? eflayer2 Techniques 11 February 12th 05 01:07 AM
Travel Case for FS MTB [email protected] Mountain Biking 2 June 16th 04 11:31 AM