Hesjedahl!

Old September 11th 09, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Ryan Cousineau

Default Hesjedahl!

I'm thinking...first GT stage win by a Canadian since Bauer?

The obvious candidates would be Michael Barry and, um...

Old September 11th 09, 05:11 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

My first inclination was to think Garmin screwed up by wasting
Hasjedahl's efforts for a stage win, when Hasjedahl should be
conserving himself to help TD. Then it occurred to me that he
probably wasn't out there for the stage win, but rather he was out
there so he could help TD after he (TD) attacked the group on the
final climb. Someone must have forgotten to tell TD the plans for the
day.

Regardless, well deserved win.
Old September 11th 09, 05:17 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
bar

On Sep 11, 12:11*pm, Scott wrote:
My first inclination was to think Garmin screwed up by wasting
Hasjedahl's efforts for a stage win, when Hasjedahl should be
conserving himself to help TD. *Then it occurred to me that he
probably wasn't out there for the stage win, but rather he was out
there so he could help TD after he (TD) attacked the group on the
final climb. *Someone must have forgotten to tell TD the plans for the
day.

Regardless, well deserved win.

agreed. good win for garmin, and props to TD for finishing with that
elite group. (hey, i AM a hater, but you gotta give it up when
someone turns in a good ride.)
Old September 11th 09, 05:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Sep 11, 12:11*pm, Scott wrote:
My first inclination was to think Garmin screwed up by wasting
Hasjedahl's efforts for a stage win, when Hasjedahl should be
conserving himself to help TD. *Then it occurred to me that he
probably wasn't out there for the stage win, but rather he was out
there so he could help TD after he (TD) attacked the group on the
final climb. *Someone must have forgotten to tell TD the plans for the
day.

dumbass,

he states in an interview his job is to go with big breaks. this
relieves his team from chasing obligations.

Old September 11th 09, 05:33 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Amit Ghosh

On Sep 11, 12:03*pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'm thinking...first GT stage win by a Canadian since Bauer?

The obvious candidates would be Michael Barry and, um...

dumbass,

did bauer win any stages ? he had two stints in the yellow jersey but
it was his breakaway companions that won the stages (i believe).

Old September 11th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

On Sep 11, 10:31*am, Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Sep 11, 12:11*pm, Scott wrote:

My first inclination was to think Garmin screwed up by wasting
Hasjedahl's efforts for a stage win, when Hasjedahl should be
conserving himself to help TD. *Then it occurred to me that he
probably wasn't out there for the stage win, but rather he was out
there so he could help TD after he (TD) attacked the group on the
final climb. *Someone must have forgotten to tell TD the plans for the
day.

dumbass,

he states in an interview his job is to go with big breaks. this
relieves his team from chasing obligations.

You know, riders say that all the time, but it usually doesn't make
sense (not to me, anyway). If there's a 'danger man' in the break, a
team will chase it even if they have a rider in there. If there
really isn't anyone in the break to worry about, they won't need to
chase even if they don't have a rider in the break, unless they think
they've got a chance at the stage win if the break is pulled back.

Ask yourself, if a group of 5 or 6 riders is up the road on a mountain-
top finish stage and your team doesn't have a rider in the break, but
it otherwise doesn't serve your team's purposes for the break to be
caught, would you as the DS put your team on the front to bring it
back??? I don't think even the multi-lingual Vino, in his future role
as DS, would bother with that.

On mountain stages, particularly w/ mountain-top finishes, strong
climbers go w/ the break so they can be up the road already when their
team leader gets to them and they can then give them a hand. Today,
TD and the rest of the leader's group never quite made it to him.
Old September 11th 09, 06:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Bob Schwartz[_3_]

Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Sep 11, 12:03 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'm thinking...first GT stage win by a Canadian since Bauer?

The obvious candidates would be Michael Barry and, um...

dumbass,

did bauer win any stages ? he had two stints in the yellow jersey but
it was his breakaway companions that won the stages (i believe).

Stage 1, 1988 Tour.

No Canuck has taken a stage of the Giro.

Bob Schwartz
Old September 11th 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
William Asher

Bob Schwartz wrote:

Amit Ghosh wrote:
On Sep 11, 12:03 pm, Ryan Cousineau wrote:
I'm thinking...first GT stage win by a Canadian since Bauer?

The obvious candidates would be Michael Barry and, um...

dumbass,

did bauer win any stages ? he had two stints in the yellow jersey but
it was his breakaway companions that won the stages (i believe).

Stage 1, 1988 Tour.

No Canuck has taken a stage of the Giro.

Bob Schwartz

What about Hampsten on the Gavia?

--
Bill Asher
Old September 11th 09, 08:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Donald Munro[_3_]

William Asher wrote:
What about Hampsten on the Gavia?

Are you speaking of a universe in which Hampsten is Canadian or one where
Canada is a US colony or both of the above ?

Old September 11th 09, 10:55 PM posted to rec.bicycles.racing
Scott

William Asher wrote:
What about Hampsten on the Gavia?

Are you speaking of a universe in which Hampsten is Canadian or one where
Canada is a US colony or both of the above ?

Hampsten isn't Canadian???