10 Speed Chains

Old June 29th 17, 10:04 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default 10 Speed Chains

I've been having trouble shifting with my new 10 speed. The strange part is that it's only on one gear. It's a new 10 speed chain but unlike most Shimano stuff it didn't come with the connector pins.

I ordered some 10 speed quick links but until they come in I've been using a 9 speed link I have.

Doesn't work. It's wide enough that it picks up the lifter on the cassette. I was thinking that it was the Miche cassette and that may be a little part of it but turning it carefully with everything set exactly right I can watch it lift on the quick link.

I should be getting in the 10 speed quick links any time now. In the meantime I'll ride the Eddy Merckx instead of the Basso.
Old July 3rd 17, 03:07 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, June 29, 2017 at 2:04:35 PM UTC-7, wrote:
I've been having trouble shifting with my new 10 speed. The strange part is that it's only on one gear. It's a new 10 speed chain but unlike most Shimano stuff it didn't come with the connector pins.

I ordered some 10 speed quick links but until they come in I've been using a 9 speed link I have.

Doesn't work. It's wide enough that it picks up the lifter on the cassette. I was thinking that it was the Miche cassette and that may be a little part of it but turning it carefully with everything set exactly right I can watch it lift on the quick link.

I should be getting in the 10 speed quick links any time now. In the meantime I'll ride the Eddy Merckx instead of the Basso.

Received the ten speed quick link and installed it and all the shifting problems disappeared.
Old July 5th 17, 07:28 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

wrote:
I've been having trouble shifting with my new 10 speed. The strange
part is that it's only on one gear. It's a new 10 speed chain but
unlike most Shimano stuff it didn't come with the connector pins.

I ordered some 10 speed quick links but until they come in I've
been using a 9 speed link I have.

Doesn't work. It's wide enough that it picks up the lifter on the
cassette. I was thinking that it was the Miche cassette and that
may be a little part of it but turning it carefully with everything
set exactly right I can watch it lift on the quick link.

I should be getting in the 10 speed quick links any time now. In
the meantime I'll ride the Eddy Merckx instead of the Basso.

Received the ten speed quick link and installed it and all the
shifting problems disappeared.

Once when helping out a MTB rider with a pretzeled chain I used my spare
10-speed link and, to my surprise, somehow was able to cram it onto his
9-speed chain. He rode more than another 100 miles on that and it never
gave up.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

in fact that is the hot setup

Are 10 speed chains likely to break? Ivar Hesselager Techniques 23 January 22nd 08 10:25 PM
10 Speed chains Doug Taylor Techniques 13 August 25th 06 03:12 PM
FS: KMC 6/7 speed chains Wayne Pein Marketplace 0 October 14th 05 11:28 PM
10 speed chains Doug Taylor Techniques 8 October 5th 05 06:38 PM
10 speed chains wannagofast Techniques 6 December 31st 03 02:32 PM