Singapore bike share?

Old July 25th 17, 04:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

Default Singapore bike share?

John - any observations on the dockless bike share system in Singapore?
See this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...e_iOSApp_Other

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old July 27th 17, 02:18 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B. Slocomb

On Tue, 25 Jul 2017 11:38:40 -0400, Frank Krygowski
wrote:

John - any observations on the dockless bike share system in Singapore?
See this article:

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2...e_iOSApp_Other

I haven't been to Singapore in a couple of years now but I'd guess
that any bike share plan would not be an amazing spectacular for a
couple of reasons. The locals that use bikes for local transportation
will, of course, all have their own bike and the MRT (subway) stations
in the outlying areas, were the bulk of the housing is, already have
bike parking facilities. At one, the Lavender Street Station, there
will be easily 100+ bikes parked there during business hours.

For tourists the public transportation system, buses and subways are
generally all that is required and if a place is just a little out of
the way there are a lot of taxies and are not, in European or U.S.
terms, expensive.

They have a bike sharing scheme in Bangkok but I have never seen
anyone use it.

--
Cheers,

John B.
Old July 27th 17, 02:27 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 6:18:08 AM UTC-7, John B. Slocomb wrote:

They have a bike sharing scheme in Bangkok but I have never seen
anyone use it.

What sort of levels of bike theft are there in those areas?
Old July 27th 17, 05:53 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 6:27:22 AM UTC-7, wrote:
On Thursday, July 27, 2017 at 6:18:08 AM UTC-7, John B. Slocomb wrote:

They have a bike sharing scheme in Bangkok but I have never seen
anyone use it.

What sort of levels of bike theft are there in those areas?

things have gone totally crazy there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qx73wIFhbpo