IRD BB - Made by Tange - Any Good?

Old July 5th 05, 05:26 AM
Wasatch5k

Default IRD BB - Made by Tange - Any Good?

Anybody have any experience with the IRD BB's seen here?

http://www.interlocracing.com/bbs.html

Says they are made by Tange. Anybody have one?

Old July 5th 05, 07:37 PM
bfd

Doesn't Shimano contract out its UN-7x and 5x square taper bb to Tange?
If so, good stuff for little money.....

Old July 5th 05, 07:50 PM
Donald Gillies

I believe that Tange makes most of the bottom brackets made in Japan.
Sugino, Shimano, Sakae, SR, Suntour, etc., were made by Tange. They
also make great headsets. Tange - the biggest bearing-parts maker
you've never heard about ...

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Old July 6th 05, 12:37 AM
JeffWills

Donald Gillies wrote:
I believe that Tange makes most of the bottom brackets made in Japan.
Sugino, Shimano, Sakae, SR, Suntour, etc., were made by Tange. They
also make great headsets. Tange - the biggest bearing-parts maker
you've never heard about ...

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA

They make nice forks, too:
http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...=49&SKU=FK2482

Jeff (Pronounced Tahn-Gay) Wills

Old July 6th 05, 07:10 PM
Donald Gillies

"JeffWills" writes:

They make nice forks, too:
http://harriscyclery.net/site/page.c...=49&SKU=FK2482

Indeed, they even made OEM forks - SEKAI and RALEIGH both used TANGE
OEM forks.

- Don Gillies
San Diego, CA
Old July 6th 05, 08:42 PM
bfd

I must be old, I remember when Tange tubing was right up there with
Columbus and Reynolds tubings, and considered one of the best!!!

Tange II road tubing
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bobequ...-tubing-II.jpg

Tange OS tubing
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/bobequ...-OS-tubing.jpg

Then again, I also like Ishiwata, Vitus, Oria and Excell tubing
too.....

ONLY POSTED TO A HUNDRED SITES AND I HAVE RECEIVED IN LESS THAN 2 WKS [email protected] General 0 January 16th 05 04:51 AM
carrera vanquish 2003 bikes davew1 UK 28 January 19th 04 02:04 AM
FAQ Just zis Guy, you know? UK 27 September 5th 03 10:58 PM
Another day another ride another good deal.... Doesnotcompute UK 2 August 5th 03 11:47 PM