Aliexpress 11.11 CCBL (Cheap Chinese Bicycle Light) Sale on November11th

Old November 5th 15, 11:04 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

Default Aliexpress 11.11 CCBL (Cheap Chinese Bicycle Light) Sale on November 11th

On Thu, 5 Nov 2015 15:38:48 +1000, James
wrote:

On 05/11/15 14:20, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 18:37:33 -0800, sms
wrote:

I am just posting this as a public service. We are still trying to find
the perfect light for Frank and Joerg.

Oh, why didn't you say so? Google can find anything. The perfect
light is obviously also the most expensive, so let's start the
https://www.google.com/#q=most+expensive+bicycle+light
Plenty to choose from. How does $1,155 sound, er... shine?
http://www.lupinenorthamerica.com/item.asp?cID=1&scID=74&PID=452
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCPgxBWH1cQ
See, that wasn't very difficult.

Pfft - Joerg turns up his nose at any solution that approaches $150.
No, for Joerg it must be;

$150

Minimum 3000lm, probably with flash modes and low and high beam. (Note:
Lux means nothing to him, it's all in the lumens, Man).

Three week battery life on high beam.

Military grade design (Water proof, aerospace temperature spec.,
corrosion resistant, etc.)

Unbreakable mounting boss.

All rounded edges for safe crashing (better if it has a built in airbag).

EM Pulse safe.

Repels mountain lions, motorists, motorcyclists, flying rocks and angry
bees.

Jay, did I miss something?

Oh, if it could light a fire and make a hot drink, that would be nice.

But does it keep the mountain lions away?
--
cheers,

John B.

Old November 5th 15, 02:20 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/5/2015 2:56 AM, John B. wrote:
On Wed, 4 Nov 2015 18:37:33 -0800, sms
wrote:

On 11/4/2015 4:56 PM, John B. wrote:

snip

And are you naive that you believe he does it for the betterment of
mankind?

If you do I've got a lovely bridge I will sell you :-)

Oy, you really are, well never mind, I need to be nice.

I am just posting this as a public service. We are still trying to find
the perfect light for Frank and Joerg.

I don't get any money from this. But if you want to think that, go ahead
and join Frank in the logic-free zone.

Errr.... remind me. Who was the bloke that bragged about being a
"gorilla marketer"?

It was not me. And whoever it was, the proper word is guerrilla, not
gorilla.

http://www.vocabulary.com/articles/chooseyourwords/gorilla-guerrilla/

You probably thought that it was unfair that enemies of the U.S. are
using poor gorillas to fight for them.
Old November 5th 15, 02:41 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

wrote:

[...]

See http://nordicgroup.us/bicycles/

See where it says "We believe in guerilla marketing. We engage with the
all segments of the bicycling community in the promotion of our products."

Note the heading on the tab, where it says "Steven M" (but omits the
"Scharf").

Quit lying, Steve.

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old November 5th 15, 03:16 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

wrote:

[...]

Floods. But his complaints are not totally unreasonable, and I think he is somewhat satisfied with his diffuser-equipped Magicshine.

My night vision has gotten terrible, and I'm easily blinded by on-coming car headlights. I understand wanting more light, particularly when it is raining. Dynos are not for everyone. With that said, the mega-lumen light sledge hammers are annoying on the road, and in flashing mode, unconscionable.

-- Jay Beattie.

Old November 5th 15, 05:03 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

On 11/5/2015 7:16 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

My night vision has gotten terrible, and I'm easily blinded by on-coming car headlights. I understand wanting more light, particularly when it is raining. Dynos are not for everyone. With that said, the mega-lumen light sledge hammers are annoying on the road, and in flashing mode, unconscionable.

Jay, where are the mega-lumen lights you are referring to? I have seen
lights in the low kilo-lumens, but they top out at about 8000 lumens.

Old November 5th 15, 08:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

wrote:

[...]

If you have time and the inclination to Google "Steven M. Scharf" you'll find that he's aself-proclaimed expert on many things and hated on many other forums.

Cheers
Old November 5th 15, 11:42 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

Gee, and I was trying to be nice describing you as a large powerful
creature and all the time you wanted to be known as a Hispanic who is
operating by ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare and hit-and-run
tactics?

Ah well, as the old folks say, "If the shoe fits..."
--
cheers,

John B.

Old November 5th 15, 11:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 9:03:26 AM UTC-8, sms wrote:
On 11/5/2015 7:16 AM, jbeattie wrote:

snip

My night vision has gotten terrible, and I'm easily blinded by on-coming car headlights. I understand wanting more light, particularly when it is raining. Dynos are not for everyone. With that said, the mega-lumen light sledge hammers are annoying on the road, and in flashing mode, unconscionable.

Jay, where are the mega-lumen lights you are referring to? I have seen
lights in the low kilo-lumens, but they top out at about 8000 lumens.

I'm using mega-lumen in the non-technical sense. Same goes with "sledge hammer." And in the words of Potter Stewart, I know them when I see them (and wince). And to be fair, they are usually high lumen lights that are also mis-aimed or in flash-mode, or both.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 5th 15, 11:47 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
John B.[_6_]

wrote:

[...]

No, No! Frank, he just took me to task for describing him as a large
powerful creature, i,e, a "Gorilla".

He wants to be known as a person who is
operating by ambushes, sabotage, raids, petty warfare and hit-and-run
tactics, i,e, a "Guerrilla".

And, you know? I believe he is right :-)
--
cheers,

John B.

Old November 6th 15, 12:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
James[_8_]

wrote:

[...]

Read again, John. I wrote "Repels mountain lions, ..."

--
JS

Chinese bicycle news AMuzi Techniques 5 March 1st 13 01:48 PM
Chinese 5-ring multi drive bicycle (video link) [email protected] Techniques 0 August 4th 08 04:51 PM
Chinese monocycles for sale, finally Jack Halpern Unicycling 21 October 31st 06 11:24 PM
Cheap Light For Uni - Works Excellent n9jcv Unicycling 7 October 29th 05 10:19 AM
Chinese recumbent bicycle truck pic Mike Maas Recumbent Biking 7 November 2nd 03 05:07 PM