For Jay: Portland and Bicycles Mentioned on Modern Family

Old November 19th 15, 09:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
SMS

Default For Jay: Portland and Bicycles Mentioned on Modern Family

Clai "The flight back from Portland was rough. The overheads were
packed with foldable bikes and I was sitting next to a guy using a
typewriter."
Old November 19th 15, 10:48 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 1:21:41 PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
Clai "The flight back from Portland was rough. The overheads were
packed with foldable bikes and I was sitting next to a guy using a
typewriter."

I'm sure it was a steam operated typewriter.

We're proud of our airport: http://www.travelandleisure.com/worl...ports#domestic

And our folding bikes. Bike Friday made in Eugene: https://www.bikefriday.com/ or a Brompton from Clever Cycles: http://clevercycles.com/bicycles/folding

Clever is crawling with Bromptons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5vtm4pd2I And that guy didn't even go into the back room. Oh, he figured it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV--2Fxec_w

You know, you just can't find a good racing bike anymore. All they want to sell you these days is a work bike or some folding bike.

-- Jay Beattie.
Old November 20th 15, 02:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 2:21:41 PM UTC-7, sms wrote:
Clai "The flight back from Portland was rough. The overheads were
packed with foldable bikes and I was sitting next to a guy using a
typewriter."

so out at Deschutes, I said to the Sheriff....yo dude I'm attacked by the yokels 24/7 how about some assistance ?

He said 'too far to drive'

bitten on owners orders by a mongrel at Winthrop asked the Board of Health for a report on the dog's shots...

THEY said, 'you'll need a court order for the information'

Old November 20th 15, 03:07 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Frank Krygowski[_4_]

On 11/19/2015 5:48 PM, jbeattie wrote:
On Thursday, November 19, 2015 at 1:21:41 PM UTC-8, sms wrote:
Clai "The flight back from Portland was rough. The overheads were
packed with foldable bikes and I was sitting next to a guy using a
typewriter."

I'm sure it was a steam operated typewriter.

We're proud of our airport: http://www.travelandleisure.com/worl...ports#domestic

And our folding bikes. Bike Friday made in Eugene: https://www.bikefriday.com/ or a Brompton from Clever Cycles: http://clevercycles.com/bicycles/folding

Clever is crawling with Bromptons. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z5vtm4pd2I And that guy didn't even go into the back room. Oh, he figured it out: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TV--2Fxec_w

You know, you just can't find a good racing bike anymore. All they want to sell you these days is a work bike or some folding bike.

Damn! The world's going to hell in a handbasket. Or perhaps a wicker
handlebar basket on the front of a city bike.

Whatever will the "fast recreational riders" do?

--
- Frank Krygowski
Old November 20th 15, 10:23 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

cattle prod