Cyclist convicted of 'furious driving' over pedestrian's death

Old August 23rd 17, 07:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Cyclist convicted of 'furious driving' over pedestrian's death

Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 6:37:53 PM UTC+1, Mr Pounder Esquire
wrote:
Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:53:53 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 23/08/2017 17:33, Simon Jester wrote:
On Wednesday, August 23, 2017 at 5:18:04 PM UTC+1, JNugent wrote:
On 23/08/2017 17:14, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:

Looks like the little piece of **** is going to get away with
it. "On an internet forum for fixed-wheel bike enthusiasts, he
later described how he twice warned her to "get the f*** outta
my way". Typical cyclist, pure scum.

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk...ian___s_death/

He's been found guity, but not of an appropriately serious
offence.

Just because you don't like the outcome is no reason to throw a
temper tantrum. Get an adult to explain due process of law to you.

No temper tantrums at this end. You're the cyclist, not me.

The offence of which he has been convicted carries a cusodial of up
to 24 months. His slimy attempts to blame his victim for her own
death and for his his own atrocious behaviour should earn him the
maximum, pour encourager les autres.

You said he should have been convicted of a more serious offence.
Grow up and accept the result of due process.

You are the bell end who rides a kids toy and you are suggesting
that Mr Nugent grows up?
The irony.

What a childish response.

The truth hurts.

Have you considered that, in 5000 years, when you are mature enough
to drive a car there may not be any cars?

Of course I have.
You are a Peter Hucker sock and I claim my £5.

Old August 24th 17, 04:01 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 23/08/2017 21:11, Paul Cummins wrote:
In article ,
(JNugent) wrote:

The offence of which he has been convicted carries a cusodial of up
to 24 months. His slimy attempts to blame his victim for her own
death and for his his own atrocious behaviour should earn him the
maximum, pour encourager les autres.

For which he will serve 4 months inside, probably in Open prison, 8 on a
tag and 12 on "licence" free in the community.

I fear you may be right.

The trial result is reported on the BBC website and on the Guardian's
web page, but both of them put together don't amount to the coverage on
the Mail's site:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...slaughter.html

The reports include verbatim quotation of his web posts in which he
blamed the victim (utterly sickening), as well as the result of a
forensic test which pointed out that the machine he was riding took four
times as much distance to stop as a proper bicycle fitted with the
brakes required by law.

QUOTE 1:
As the mother of two, who had an 11-year-old girl and a 14-year-old boy,
lay fatally injured on the floor he yelled abuse at her and had shouted
'get the f*** out of the way' before they collided, witnesses said.
ENDQUOTE

Part of the story, containing much detail not used by the Beeb or
Grauniad (for some reason):

QUOTE 2:
Mrs Briggs died on February 19, a week after the crash.
Her husband said: 'Kim lived for her children and her family. She wanted
to make everyone happy, and for everyone to get the most of of life.
'Make every day count' was Kim's mantra.
'She was quick to smile, slow to judge. And even slower to anger.
'I tried my best to be a home maker. I tried my best to be both mum and
dad.. But I cannot come close to Kim'.
He added that it was 'very important to me' that Alliston's 'admission
that he lied about Kim being on her mobile phone. We now know
categorically that Kim was not using her phone at the time'.
ENDQUOTE

The BBC and the Grauniad did not open their comments sections for this
story.

The Mail did, and the comments are eye-opening.

QUOTE 3:

SpiritofLakotaSioux, St Helens, 18 minutes ago

The arrogance of this man beggars belief but as a sensible cyclist I am
always forced to dodge people walking in front of me off pavements
either chatting to mates or on mobile phones. But having said that when
I see the lycra brigade cycling like lunatics at excessive speeds there
is no need for it as this tragic case shows !

Penpusher, London, United Kingdom, 20 minutes ago

Hopefully some Antifa people will troll the life out of him but then
again he is probably one of them

already1984, Chonburi, Thailand, 32 minutes ago

The cyclist has a face you would never tire of hitting .

MLNZ, NZ, New Zealand, 38 minutes ago

What kind of person can show no remorse for killing a mother?

[An arrogant self-centred cyclist, of course.]

Burn74, London, United Kingdom, 39 minutes ago

The hand of fate will eventually pay this arrogant idiot back...

SimonB, Somewhere, United Kingdom, about an hour ago

What a P.O.S.

Benny, London, about an hour ago

At last, we can finally comment on this story. This cyclist is nothing
more than arrogant, callous, murdering human slime.

There are also a couple of posts from cyclists, trying to make excuses
and falsely accusing the victim of lookig at a mobile phone while
crosing the road, just before the cyclist shouted "Get out my ****in' way".

It was established in court that the claim that the victim was looking
at a phone was a straightforward lie.
Old August 24th 17, 10:21 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 24.08.2017 04:41, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
Mature adults drive. Immature adults such as you and pillocks such as you
ride kids toys.

And loving it.
What a compliment to be called a pillock by the Pounder.
Old August 24th 17, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 24.08.2017 05:37, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
You are the bell end who rides a kids toy and you are suggesting that Mr
Nugent grows up?
The irony.

Thanks greatly for that excellent compliment coming from YOU.
It really is a very great compliment to be called a **** by YOU.
Especially by YOU.
And I have no ****ing interest in looking good in YOUR eyes.
After all I ride a ****ing bicycle.
And we all know what YOU think of bicyclists. You think they are the
****witted pits of humanity.
And because it is YOU who think that, that is an extremely great
compliment.
We must be doing something right.
Old August 24th 17, 10:24 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Keller[_3_]

On 24.08.2017 06:36, Mr Pounder Esquire wrote:
The truth hurts.

No it does not.
I am loving this.

After all I ride a bicycle, a very convenient delightful economical
viable means of transport, and we all know that YOU think bicyclists are
the ****witted pits of humanity.
I really feel complimented by that, because YOU said it.

Old August 24th 17, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Christie[_3_]

JNugent wrote:

[...]

But it wasn't only the cyclist, Alliston, who claimed Mrs. Kim Briggs
contributed to the accident.

It states he

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...driving-charge

[quote]: From reports of the evidence given at trial, it seems clear
that Briggs stepped out on to the road into the path of Alliston.
Alliston has always been adamant this was so (including in some very
poorly judged online forum comments he made in the days after the
incident when Briggs lay in hospital) and the prosecution, who had
access to CCTV and witnesses, did not contend otherwise. [Unquote].

Presumably, it was because Mrs. Briggs stepped out on to the road,
looking at her mobile phone, and into the path of Alliston on his
bicycle, that he wasn't found guilty of the manslaughter charge.

Old August 24th 17, 11:36 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
jnugent

On 24/08/2017 14:30, Christie wrote:
JNugent wrote:

[...]

So he should have stopped. Had you been driving a motor car in exactly
thiose circumstances, you'd have stopped. So would I.

Alliston has always been adamant this was so (including in some very
poorly judged online forum comments he made in the days after the
incident when Briggs lay in hospital) and the prosecution, who had
access to CCTV and witnesses, did not contend otherwise. [Unquote].

Presumably, it was because Mrs. Briggs stepped out on to the road,
looking at her mobile phone, and into the path of Alliston on his
bicycle, that he wasn't found guilty of the manslaughter charge.

It was proven in court that Alliston lied about the phone (the victim
was not using a phone) in order to try and excuse his own behaviour.

Why did he feel the need to tell such an outrageous lie about the
victim? Ask yourself that.

Old August 25th 17, 10:32 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
TMS320

On 24/08/17 23:36, JNugent wrote:
On 24/08/2017 14:30, Christie wrote:

Presumably, it was because Mrs. Briggs stepped out on to the road,
looking at her mobile phone, and into the path of Alliston on his
bicycle, that he wasn't found guilty of the manslaughter charge.

It was proven in court that Alliston lied about the phone (the victim
was not using a phone) in order to try and excuse his own behaviour.

Could you make an accurate assessment in 3.8 seconds? No.

Why did he feel the need to tell such an outrageous lie about the
victim? Ask yourself that.

Oh, is he now facing a charge of perjury?