Today Show: Bike Use Soars With Gas Prices

Old June 3rd 08, 01:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
SMS

Default Today Show: Bike Use Soars With Gas Prices

Pat wrote:
And I figure the best way of delivering the message that
Practical Bicycling can indeed be viable is by, well,
simply doing it -- by simply being an example to others.

Well, I know I spend a lot of time explaining my Bike Friday to people every
time I ride it. I recently went on the Amtrak and when people saw me
unfolding it in the parking lot and then the reverse when I returned, I had
a crowd around me. Sheesh! I don't mind telling people about it, but I
have noticed a lot more interest recently.

Pat in TX

The really cool & small folders, like the Brompton and the Bike Friday
Tikit seem to draw a crowd more than the 20" folders that are still
rather cumbersome to take onto a commute train or bus.

I thought that BF is supposed to supply you with brochures to give out
to interested people. Contact Lynette Chiang.

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8m8BBgHNcs"

bike prices out of wack....... Callistus Valerius Techniques 93 June 11th 07 11:16 PM
FA: Various bike accessories- low prices and no reserve [email protected] Marketplace 0 June 19th 05 03:32 PM
Today Show Matt Lauer Interview Reveals That Lance Is A Doper Too!!! Tyler Hamillton Racing 0 April 20th 05 06:26 AM
UK bike prices Don Pearce UK 21 January 17th 05 11:21 PM
Video from Tyler Hamilton on Today Show? Greg Larkin Racing 0 August 8th 03 11:20 PM