Grind pedals

Old January 9th 07, 08:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Default Grind pedals

Hi,
anybody know how to make good grind pedals?
I'm looking espeshaly on how so weigh them so the pin side says up

--
thejdw

torkerdx wrote:
another bit of advice:
shut up and ride
some people get the concept, some don't

monkeyman wrote:
I've got an idea, how about everyone STOPS MAKING STUPID THREADS?!?

What a surprise
thejdw's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13230

Old January 9th 07, 09:08 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
thejdw

Yeah i concidered that but was just wondering if any body else had any
other ideas
(thanks for the fast reply)

--
thejdw

Old January 9th 07, 11:02 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
ntappin

I love magnesium pedals for grinding, I have yet to find a better
alternative. Just take the pins out of one side of the pedal and you
are good to go.

--
ntappin

'how to build a strong comfy saddle from junk.'
(http://tinyurl.com/hxcb3)

Old January 10th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skrobo

ntappin wrote:
I love magnesium pedals for grinding, I have yet to find a better
alternative. Just take the pins out of one side of the pedal and you
are good to go.

yeah, but bothering to get your feet up on the right side of the pedal
is annoying. using a cutting board is another popular option.

--
skrobo

Unicycle For Christ

-last edited by \"your mom\" at 8:35 pm -
skrobo's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12272

Old January 10th 07, 01:46 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
mornish

skrobo wrote:
yeah, but bothering to get your feet up on the right side of the pedal
is annoying. using a cutting board is another popular option.

if you use a cutting board make sure its really really thin, but unless
you plan on grinding wood ledges you don't need one. They are a pain,
you always put your foot on the grind plate and then it is really
slippery and you fall.

magnesium or plastics are best.

--
mornish

aim: kiloornish
email: mornish AT gmail DOT com
(\_/)
O o
()This is bunny. Copy bunny on to your signature to help him on his
way to world domination.

Old January 10th 07, 03:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

I made a grinding plate out of these thin pieces of metal with holes in
them that I got at Home Depot. They were like 69 cents so I got four
incase I messed up. I just benf them so they would go around one side
of the pedal and up the sides. This is too hard to explain here is a
pic. And the pins stay up. I mostly did this so my pedals wouldn't
die when doing pedal grabs.

[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/gallery2/m...f0833a81d31b3]

I will try and get a real photo of it later.

--
uni.rider.13

Some people call me nuts for riding, other people call me no
nuts.

My 'Gallery!!!!!!!!!!!!!' (http://tinyurl.com/y3k57x)
uni.rider.13's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/13011

Old January 10th 07, 03:38 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

Real Photos:
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?...itemId=301028]
Missing a Bolt
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?...itemId=301031]
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?...itemId=301031]
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?...itemId=301035]
[image:
http://www.unicyclist.com/index.php?...itemId=301037]

Edit: I hope you guys can see those because I can't.

Old January 10th 07, 03:42 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Chris.James

no, we cant

--
Chris.James

"Thats my favorite thing about unicycling, I can eat oreos while
riding!" ~Me

UniTyler wrote:
I actually like a higher crotch. I always buy jeans that aren't
saggy-crotched. You have to pay a good bit more it seems like, and you
can't find 'em at Fred Meyer or Walmart, but I love the feel.

Chris.James's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/14072

Old January 10th 07, 03:44 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uni.rider.13

I'm so dumb I can't even put up some pictures. I put the pictures in
the same way I did the paint project so I don't know what the problem
is because the pics show up in my gallery.

Old January 10th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
torkerdx

grinding is all about JIM c's
they grind really well

--
torkerdx

GILD wrote:
If it was a naked young lady, would we be shouting about sexual
objectification?

gordito8me wrote:
it's like running across the highway at rush hour. Dangerous, stupid,
but not really that fun.

skrobo wrote:
i would rather ride a brick than have a folding tire

Unicaw89 wrote:
Koxx rapes Torker hard!

torkerdx's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/12543

Grind pedals skrobo Unicycling 0 January 9th 07 09:01 PM
grind pedals.. [email protected] Unicycling 3 July 6th 06 10:08 PM
grind pedals koebwil Unicycling 9 January 18th 06 01:40 AM
grind pedals forrestunifreak Unicycling 0 January 17th 06 11:57 PM
grind pedals.. TheObieOne3226 Unicycling 0 April 14th 05 07:16 AM