Summer cycling gloves with long cuffs for sun protection

Old May 12th 08, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
rms[_2_]

Default Summer cycling gloves with long cuffs for sun protection

Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
any pointers !

rms

Old May 12th 08, 06:44 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Paul O

rms wrote, On 5/12/2008 10:43 AM:
Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
any pointers !

rms

Why don't you wear normal summer cycling gloves and put a pair of those
REI gloves over top of them?

Me? I prefer to wear my Specialized BG Gel gloves and sunscreen...

--

Paul D Oosterhout
I work for SAIC (but I don't speak for SAIC)

Old May 12th 08, 07:30 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Dane Buson

Paul O wrote:
rms wrote, On 5/12/2008 10:43 AM:
Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
any pointers !

Why don't you wear normal summer cycling gloves and put a pair of those
REI gloves over top of them?

Or he could find a local crafter/seamstress that would probably be glad
to attach some sleeve material to regular bike gloves. Etsy.com accepts
bids on that sort of work if you want go all web 1.9 about it.

--
Dane Buson -
.... in three to eight years we will have a machine with the general
incalculable ... -- Marvin Minsky, LIFE Magazine, November 20, 1970
Old May 15th 08, 04:21 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Peter Cole[_2_]

rms wrote:
Hi, I'm looking for lightweight summer cycling gloves with longer cuffs that
pay attention to sun protection for the wrist area. I dislike The 'driving
glove' velcro tab style, and want something similar to these gloves
http://www.rei.com/product/685194 but more robust and designed for
cyclists, with perhaps gelpad palms and better color choices. Thanks for
any pointers !

rms

For full finger gloves for both off-road or cool weather use, I found
that mechanics gloves are as good/better and cheaper (I also cut off the
fingers sometimes). Mechanics gloves and motorcycle/ATV gloves are
available in lightweight styles with gel, don't know about color (camo?).
Old June 2nd 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc

"Gooserider" wrote:

If the day ever comes when I'm so worried about UV that I start covering
myself up in the summer while riding, I think I'll just go take Spin
classes.

You will change your mind the day the doc tells you
"its a skin cancer"

Happened to me

A ski helmet with a chin guard for full-face protection, not MTB, but for city cycling? Soft Butz Mountain Biking 6 November 1st 06 03:50 PM
summer head protection question Steve W UK 24 July 11th 05 06:09 PM
Cycling Gloves Bob C Australia 1 March 28th 05 06:14 AM
Long sleeved summer tops [email protected] Australia 9 October 18th 04 02:09 AM
re cycling gloves Lisa30 UK 12 August 22nd 04 10:23 PM