BC Discussion Thread

Old December 17th 08, 01:22 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
CoreTechs

Default BC Discussion Thread

Well, if you want it to last, make sure you have a thick hub. The
thicker the hub, the less likely it is to bend.

--
CoreTechs

UNICYCLE FOR CHRIST

In nomine patris et filii et spiritus sancti

)--21stOverall-RTL2008-O
)--18thCriterium-RTL2008-O
Old December 19th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

CoreTechs;1151296 wrote:
Well, if you want it to last, make sure you have a thick hub. The
thicker the hub, the less likely it is to bend.

How will this do?

|Filename: BC 001.jpg |

Biggestbtc

Old December 19th 08, 11:59 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

Biggestbtc;1153452 wrote:
How will this do?

Is the axle 10 or 14mm diameter?

It needs to be 14mm, firstly to fit the BD plates properly and secondly
so that the axle doesn't bend.

--
UnicycleJuggler

'*Unicycle
Vids On
Vimeo*'
(http://www.vimeo.com/groups/uni)
Old December 20th 08, 12:39 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Biggestbtc

UnicycleJuggler;1153459 wrote:
Is the axle 10 or 14mm diameter?

It needs to be 14mm, firstly to fit the BD plates properly and secondly
so that the axle doesn't bend.

Is the required 14mm the diameter of the treaded bolt?

--
Biggestbtc

Old December 20th 08, 01:07 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

Biggestbtc;1153503 wrote:
Is the required 14mm the diameter of the treaded bolt?

Yeah, the threaded bit that sticks out of the centre of the wheel.

Old December 29th 08, 09:13 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

So, as the title says, I now have a BC wheel

I already have a few spare BMX 20"/24" wheels so I got the plates in
the UDC UK Christmas sale.

I'm enjoying riding my wheel, but it certainly is hard! I can get about
5-6 car park spaces. The car park that I was trying on is quite steep. I
figure this has pros and cons. Pros being that I only need to give a
little push to get going and I won't stop compared to being on flat.
Cons being that as soon as I pick up some speed it scares me and I get
quite close to the end of the car park!

Any suggestions? I've tried both the 20 and 24" and got further on the
24". This may be due to the bearings being about 10 times better on my
24" wheel. The bearings in the 24" are sealed, whereas the bearings in
the 20" and unsealed and really old and could do with a good greasing.

The other problem with the unsealed hub is that the cone nuts tend to
either do up or undo whilst tightening the plates on.

As they say in exams... Discuss!

Old January 3rd 09, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
uniFREAK134

critter;1150505 wrote:
HOW 'bout a BC wheel that has staggered foot plates?
One foot in front of the axle and the other one behind.
Like goofy foot or regular stance.?
Like a skateboarder. It would make it easier to carve the bowls.

i found out recently that there is actually a goofy and regular
unicycle stance!

--
uniFREAK134
Old January 3rd 09, 06:21 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
madmattunipro

For those wanting a bc with a frame and seat, why not just take an old
uni and remove the cranks, then all you have to do is weld a peg on each
side of the frame. The only downside is the pegs would be slightly
higher than the axle. I'm sure you'd manage though.

--
madmattunipro

Unicycle For Christ

www.bedfordunicycles.ca

http://www.norco.com
Old January 4th 09, 05:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
UnicycleJuggler

surely it would be possible to weld bc plates onto a uni frame.

The other option would be to use a bmx fork as the frame and a normal
bmx wheel. Then you would have the choice to either put handlebars on or
insert a seatpost with seat. The bc plates should bolt onto the axle
without any trouble.

Old January 5th 09, 01:56 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
nimblelight

madmattunipro;1163212 wrote:
For those wanting a bc with a frame and seat, why not just take an old
uni and remove the cranks, then all you have to do is weld a peg on each
side of the frame. The only downside is the pegs would be slightly
higher than the axle. I'm sure you'd manage though.

Why not just coast with your feet on the crown like everybody else?

--
nimblelight

It doesn't really matter, because I am an afoodist who unicycles for
food.
'Colorado Unicyclists click here'
(http://z13.invisionfree.com/Colorado_Unicycles/)