"exposed" bearings on summit!?

Old April 24th 06, 05:43 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default "exposed" bearings on summit!?

I disassembled my summit to clean and lube, and routinely check the
condition of the bearings, and to my surprise I noticed that each of
the bearing housings, which I thought were "sealed", were sealed on
only ONE side. The side that faces the outside, closest the cranks were
UNsealed; you could readily see the ball bearings. The inner sides were
sealed. Could the outer seals have broken, and simply fallen off? JUst
seems strange that one side is sealed and the other is totally exposed;
although the bearings on the "open" side(s) were all intact, and showed
no signs of coming out.

--
terrybigwheel

Impotence: Nature's Way Of Saying "No Hard Feelings".

Uni is just a cycle I'm going through.

You -can- "Tune a fish". You simply adjust their "scales"!
terrybigwheel's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/11418

Old April 24th 06, 06:33 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

That is weird. The bearings on my origional summit wheel were completely
sealed, and so are all the other bearings on all my unis...

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
MR 'Reply 60,000' (http://tinyurl.com/qbhsa) 'Page 4000'
(http://tinyurl.com/lyfj4)

James_Potter wrote:
I think we could just apply the same cure we use for bread, to humans.
just scrape off the cancer with a butter knife, then put jelly on it,
and eat it...mmmmmm

Old April 24th 06, 09:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Your shieldings came off somehow. The only thing you have to worry about
is dirt getting in there, your bearings won't fall out.

--
onetrack

"People over here have a dangerous habit of adding quotes to signature
lines."
-Klaas Bil
onetrack's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6374

Old April 24th 06, 10:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

my Summit had metal on both sides, it was a budget uni at the
time...they probobly ran out of rubber, then medal bearings....you may
have one of the last in the run..

--
forget_your_life

dream one dream many....
*'R.I.P' (http://tinyurl.com/vr86)*
forget_your_life's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/4558

Old April 24th 06, 04:43 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

onetrack wrote:
Your shieldings came off somehow. The only thing you have to worry about
is dirt getting in there, your bearings won't fall out.

Do you know where I can get replacement "shieldings" for them? For that
matter, where would I get new bearings to fit my Summit? They have
those "shims" around them too.

Old April 24th 06, 04:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

KH bearings will work and you wont need the medal shim anymore.