"Australia's greatest contribution to hipsterdom"

Old June 13th 09, 12:22 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

Default "Australia's greatest contribution to hipsterdom"

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 11:46:44 -0700, "Kerry Montgomery"
wrote:

"RonSonic" wrote in message
.. .
On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 10:25:15 -0400, RonSonic
wrote:

It turns out that Velocity's Aussie website has some items they don't
offer in
the US and damn, these are so shockingly tasteless they're brilliant.

http://www.velocitywheels.com/default.asp?contentID=512

Still no tyres.

Wow, if I could get the rights to import these to Portland, I'd get soo
rich!

It took more looking, those ARE shown on the USA web site. Click through the
menu to colors.

Start selling bro' those are amazing.
Old June 13th 09, 02:38 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Kerry Montgomery wrote:
Wow, if I could get the rights to import these to Portland, I'd get soo
rich!

Most Velocity graphic/color models sell well here already:
http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=550

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Old June 13th 09, 04:46 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
RonSonic

On Fri, 12 Jun 2009 20:38:58 -0500, AMuzi wrote:

Kerry Montgomery wrote:
Wow, if I could get the rights to import these to Portland, I'd get soo
rich!

Most Velocity graphic/color models sell well here already:
http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=550

I'm surprised to have not seen them yet. They're so horrible it makes me want to
build a bike for them. Almost.

Sorta like the Primal jersey of wheels.
Old June 13th 09, 06:15 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

RonSonic wrote:

AMuzi wrote:

Most Velocity graphic/color models sell well here already:
http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=550

I'm surprised to have not seen them yet. They're so horrible it makes me want to
build a bike for them. *Almost.

Sorta like the Primal jersey of wheels.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Velocity has introduced a
"fixed gear" (i.e. no brake track) rim that's 43mm deep. That's
probably wide enough to do some objectification of women. Wide enough
for AYHSMB that you can read from down the block.

Has anybody else noticed that one person's coaster-brake-only rim is
another person's disc-specific rim is another person's fixed gear
rim?

Chalo
Old June 13th 09, 06:38 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Chalo wrote:
RonSonic wrote:
AMuzi wrote:
Most Velocity graphic/color models sell well here already:
http://www.velocityusa.com/default.asp?contentID=550

I'm surprised to have not seen them yet. They're so horrible it makes me want to
build a bike for them. Almost.

Sorta like the Primal jersey of wheels.

It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Velocity has introduced a
"fixed gear" (i.e. no brake track) rim that's 43mm deep. That's
probably wide enough to do some objectification of women. Wide enough
for AYHSMB that you can read from down the block.

Has anybody else noticed that one person's coaster-brake-only rim is
another person's disc-specific rim is another person's fixed gear
rim?

Marketing.

I've only owned one rim ever with 'cut sides' (Barcelona)
and it's on a drum brake wheel anyway. Most 'features' are
vastly overrated.