"Lost a wheel" is seriously funny

Old July 31st 07, 04:51 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Rich L

Default "Lost a wheel" is seriously funny

When people ask "Where is the rest of the bike"
I usually reply "Installment Plan!"

Unicaw89 wrote:
joejumps4fun wrote:
OKay, we've all heard ridiculous statements while riding. Can anyone
tell me what are some good comebacks??

A girl asked if I was joining the circus while I was practicing wheel
walking (I just started to learn). "No" was my reply, only because I
wasn't thinking about anything at the moment.

A security guard told me I couldn't ride in a shopping center I was in.
She said "You can't do that here". I should have said "OH, but I
am!"

So does anyone know a good thread or webpage dedicated to "comebacks"??

Old July 31st 07, 05:54 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
puresyn

If they are young and sarcastic I usually reply.

Q: Wheres your other wheel?
A: Left it at your mom's place.

Q: Wheres the juggling balls
A: Left at your mom's house.

--
puresyn

Billy thinks I am a wimp, so then it must be true!
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 12:14 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
cathwood

What worries me about all this is that there must be times when we
inadvertantly do the "Where's the other wheel" joke about something
else. I know there is definately a "Where's your other wheel"
comment/joke that people tell when I tell them what my job is. I also
remeber one day when I was going to make a comment about something to
my husband and thought "no, that's probably a 'where's your other
wheel' comment.

So beware. We may hate it when it is done to us but we might, with out
even knowing it, be doing it to other people.

--
cathwood

Cathy
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 12:20 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Hazmat

cathwood wrote:
What worries me about all this is that there must be times when we
inadvertantly do the "Where's the other wheel" joke about something
else. I know there is definately a "Where's your other wheel"
comment/joke that people tell when I tell them what my job is. I also
remeber one day when I was going to make a comment about something to
my husband and thought "no, that's probably a 'where's your other
wheel' comment.

So beware. We may hate it when it is done to us but we might, with out
even knowing it, be doing it to other people.

I wouldn't worry too much my friend. They are just looking for someone
to pick on because we are a step forward in skills and way past them in
having fun or something like that.

--
Hazmat

*The Hazmat Poll*: *Please vote.
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59458
*Hazmats Unicycle Design/Creation competition
*http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=60806
*poll *http://www.unicyclist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62030
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 05:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Mikefule

Every activity has it's "missing wheel joke", as Cathwood pointed out.

In fencing, it's,
"You must get through a lot of creosote," or
"Post and rail or barbed wire?" or
"Can you get me a cheap TV?" (In UK slang, a "fence" is someone who
buys and sells stolen goods.)

In tandem riding it's,
(Sings) "Daisy, Daisy..." or
"Can you ride tandem?" (in reference to an advertisement for tea, which
featured this immortal line, said by a male chimpanzee to a female
chimpanzee.)
"Her on the back's not pedalling."

In scuba diving it's,
"Seen any sharks, mister?"
"Oh, I do muff diving..." (This is something obscure to do withhand
warmers worn by elegant ladies in Victorian times, I believe.)

In Morris dancing it's,
(Sings) "Jingle bells, jingle bells..." or
"Which one's Morris?"

When I can be bothered to reply to "Which one's Morris?" I say, "All of
us, we're twins."

When I can be bothered to reply to "You've lost a wheel," it is
sometimes, "It's worse than you think; it was a tricycle."

--
Mikefule

I once had a bad experience with a bigot. Now I hate them all - even
the ones I haven't met.
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 06:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
gnonim

Mikefule wrote:
When I can be bothered to reply to "You've lost a wheel," it is
sometimes, "It's worse than you think; it was a tricycle."

That's a good one, thanks!

--
gnonim
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 07:32 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
patmoore

Mikefule wrote:
When I can be bothered to reply to "You've lost a wheel," it is
sometimes, "It's worse than you think; it was a tricycle."

That's the first original comeback I've heard in a long time. It made
ME laugh. I'll be sure ti use it next time. Thanks!

--
patmoore

MY
GALLERY (\"HTTP://WWW.UNICYCLIST.COM/INDEX.PHP?PAGE=GALLERY&G2_ITEMID=193091\")
"When you're over the hill, you pick up speed!"
'Online uni sales at www.suburbansport.com'
(http://suburbansport.com/unicycles.html)
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 08:39 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
galvin.ben

Once i got a guy shout at me "wheres your bike?!"

...which thoroughly confused me

--
galvin.ben

Hey look! A *unicorn*!

'MYSPACE' (http://www.myspace.com/grape_soda_rules)
http://www.usenet.com
Old July 31st 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
oneisenough

gnonim wrote:
That's a good one, thanks!

+1... thats one of the best ones i've ever heard

--
oneisenough
http://www.usenet.com
Old August 1st 07, 12:04 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
munidobs

"You've lost a wheel !"

"Actually, I was walking, so I've gained one."

--
munidobs
http://www.usenet.com