"brittle" vs. non-ductile

Old September 16th 07, 03:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Default Play cyclists, was "brittle" vs. non-ductile

On Sep 15, 9:33 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 15, 4:39 pm, wrote:
On Sep 15, 1:15 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

wrote:
On Sep 13, 6:49 pm, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

ALARMISTS

Like the folks who insist we're in the fight of our lives against a
bunch of retarded jihadis?

Yeah, you're right. Let's just relax.

So those are our two choices? 'Just relax' or endless war for our
very survival. Check.

Seriously, the current path is creating more retarded jihadis than it
does kill or capture them. You can't kill your way out of this mess.

Actually most Americans are pretty relaxed about the whole thing. They
drink beer, go riding, get the latest on Paris Hilton or Britney
Spears, etc. When I go to work, go riding or walk down the streets, I
don't see many people walking tense or worried about whatever the hell
is happening in Iraq, or wherever the hell young soldier kids and
tons of civilians are getting killed. The only ones that are not
relaxed are the poor kids that are getting killed and seriously
injured over there,their families and the civilian population over
there.

And yet military families remain supportive of the war effort and the
administration. Go figger.

Perhaps some do. But not most.

My extended family just got one of our kids back from his second
forced tour in Iraq. We've got an ex Army and ex Marine among the
older generation. Not one person in this extended family thinks the
Iraq invasion and occupation made any sense at all. That especially
includes the guy who just returned.

- Frank Krygowski

Old September 16th 07, 04:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Bill Sornson wrote:

And yet military families remain supportive of the war effort and the
administration. Go figger.

Bred to be tractable livestock.

Old September 16th 07, 01:37 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Jay Hill

Chalo wrote:
Bill Sornson wrote:
And yet military families remain supportive of the war effort and the
administration. Go figger.

Bred to be tractable livestock.

Hey, don't let Sornson bait you into bashing the soldiers themselves.
Sornson's generalized statement that "military families remain
supportive of the war effort" is easily disproven, from Colin Powell
down. Some do, of course, but I personally know many current and
ex-military that are disgusted with the neocons' waste of good soldiers.

It's also important to note that the vast majority of the neocons that
were behind the invasion of Iraq have never served in the military;
pointedly, Bush, Chaney, Wolfowitz, and others. Elite ruling members of
societies sending the middle and poor classes off to be cannon fodder
while they, the elites, avoid danger, then strut and wrap themselves in
their flags, has been going on for thousands of years.

http://www.vaiw.org/vet/index.php
http://tribes.tribe.net/marinesvetsagainstbush
Old September 17th 07, 06:24 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 16, 8:56 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

Bill "Hillary Lied; People Died" S.

True ... she was complicit along with so many others.

R.

Old September 17th 07, 06:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Chalo

Jay Hill wrote:

Elite ruling members of
societies sending the middle and poor classes off to be cannon fodder
while they, the elites, avoid danger, then strut and wrap themselves in
their flags, has been going on for thousands of years.

Nobody is poor enough to excuse being murderously stupid. The
ingrained cultural habit of supporting the soldier but not the war is
the equivalent of supporting the rapist but not a particular rape.
We'll not be free of corrupt wars until we lose that habit.

Chalo

Old September 17th 07, 07:03 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 16, 11:30 pm, Chalo wrote:
Jay Hill wrote:

Elite ruling members of
societies sending the middle and poor classes off to be cannon fodder
while they, the elites, avoid danger, then strut and wrap themselves in
their flags, has been going on for thousands of years.

Nobody is poor enough to excuse being murderously stupid. The
ingrained cultural habit of supporting the soldier but not the war is
the equivalent of supporting the rapist but not a particular rape.
We'll not be free of corrupt wars until we lose that habit.

Chalo

These are still kids, for the most part. You can't blame kids for
doing what they are ordered to do. I can't, anyway.

Robert

Old September 17th 07, 08:30 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Sep 17, 12:58 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:
wrote:
On Sep 16, 8:56 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

Bill "Hillary Lied; People Died" S.

True ... she was complicit along with so many others.

Hillary didn't merely vote for the war; she went /beyond/ administration
claims in making the CASE for war. (For instance, she claimed a direct
connection between Saddam Hussein and A.Q.: " He has also given aid,
comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including Al Qaida members.")

Of course, she was probably right, but...

Like many others, she clamored on board the troopship because she
thought invading Iraq would be an easy endeavor.

This for her was some seriously poor judgment.

Old September 17th 07, 05:00 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

wrote:
On Sep 16, 8:56 am, "Bill Sornson" wrote:

Bill "Hillary Lied; People Died" S.

True ... she was complicit along with so many others.

Hillary didn't merely vote for the war; she went /beyond/
administration claims in making the CASE for war. (For instance,
she claimed a direct connection between Saddam Hussein and A.Q.: "
He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists,
including Al Qaida members.")

Of course, she was probably right, but...

Like many others, she clamored on board the troopship because she
thought invading Iraq would be an easy endeavor.

This for her was some seriously poor judgment.

Today she says she was against it from the start. And none of her opponents
(except a wife or two) OR the press will press her on it.

Do they fear for their kneecaps or what? (Of course, that "Shoe Guy" --
Hsu? -- was /supposed/ to wind up dead. Even wrote a suicide note -- or
someone did -- but he screwed 'em by not dying. Yet.)

Bill "maybe Sandy Burglar will do the deed...he owes people, you know" S.

That's because the liberal media is owned by the liberal corporations,
namely aol time warner, viacom, fox/clear channel, disney, etc. They
area also funded through advertisement by ATT, Pfizer, Nabisco,
Sasetru, Magnolia, Chevron, Exxon, all state, etc.

All these liberal corporation have ordered their employees not to
question H Clinton. These liberal corporations feel that it is unfair
for the Republicans not to tax them, to give them subsidies and to
spend lots of money in the war. So, they want a morel liberal
government that will tax them more, end all corporate subsidies, offer
socialized medicine and spend more on education, less in the military
and less in huge corporate contracts. So, to that end, these
corporations are supporting a liberal.

Makes perfect sense to me.

Andres

Old September 17th 07, 06:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
[email protected][_2_]

wrote:
[...]

So why won't they ask her tough questions? (Like, other than the above, how
she can claim to be pro-woman yet helped destroy the women who accused her
hubby of abuse, lewd behavior and even rape? Were they ALL liars???)

Kneecaps, I tells ya. Kneecaps.

I don't know what they ask since I don't watch news on TV and I don't
give a hoot about what politicians claim. H Clinton is the Senator
from NY so, she gets mucho support from IPAC. She is partly owned by
them and by the israeli vote. I hate all politicians. They are owned
by the lobbyists. the only one that I like so far is Obama, and that
is only because of the Obama Girl.

Regardless of what Hilary, Obama, or ****.. sorry, I meant pussy,
sorry, I meant Bush have to say. The war is ****ed.

Andres