"Calf attack!" :(

Old November 26th 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
Magixause

Default "Calf attack!" :(

I thought it would be just as easy to ask in a topic where people are
already talking about it a little. didn't know it was a crime

--
Magixause
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 27th 07, 04:53 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

MuniAddict wrote:
I hadn't either..until I did! Have you ever fallen on your head? No? Me
neither and most other's on this forum haven't either, so is that a
reason not to wear a helmet?

I was planning on getting some elbow guards, since I've bruised/scraped
up my forarms several times. Then yesterday while riding in Anadale,
hit a root, the uni stopped and I didn't then did a superman/roll and
hit my shoulder on a rock. Now, I'm thinking about getting a full
jacket, like one of those 'Pressure Suites' (http://tinyurl.com/3y9ffq)

--
skilewis74

Ride everywhere and never just ride anywhere. If you can ride where you
are going within a hour, do it, and if you can do a trick 50-75% of the
time do it along the way.
Bob Bernquist on how to improve significantly.

yunisyko wrote:
it's all about balls. i lose them often and then get em back.

http://www.usenet.com
Old November 27th 07, 04:59 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
I was planning on getting some elbow guards, since I've bruised/scraped
up my forarms several times. Then yesterday while riding in Anadale,
hit a root, the uni stopped and I didn't then did a superman/roll and
hit my shoulder on a rock. Now, I'm thinking about getting a full
jacket, like one of those 'Pressure Suites' (http://tinyurl.com/3y9ffq)

Whoa man That looks awesome! I want one!!!! Then I can go back to G-Spot
(Umm, the trail haha!) and go for it! Looks like it woukld be pretty
hot though.

--
MuniAddict

My Videos:

'http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=ttt8699
Old November 27th 07, 05:15 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

MuniAddict wrote:
Whoa man That looks awesome! I want one!!!! Then I can go back to G-Spot
(Umm, the trail haha!) and go for it! Looks like it woukld be pretty
hot though.

I haven't thuroghly looked at the specks, but I think the biggest
difference as you go up in price, is the cooler it is. But $230 is a
lot of dough, even $120 is kind of a lot. But even the expensive one
is a LOT cheaper than a hospital visit

Old November 27th 07, 05:16 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

skilewis74 wrote:
I haven't thuroghly looked at the specks, but I think the biggest
difference as you go up in price, is the cooler it is. But $230 is a
lot of dough, even $120 is kind of a lot. But even the expensive one
is a LOT cheaper than a hospital visit

Good point! I just don't want to look like the Michelin man on the
trails haha!

|Filename: michelin_man_file.jpg |

Old November 27th 07, 05:37 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

MuniAddict wrote:
Good point! I just don't want to look like the Michelin man on the
trails haha!

In some MTB vids I've seen you have to look pretty carefully to tell
that they are wearing a protection jacket. IMO worst case scenario
it'll look like you have verry broad shoulders

Old November 27th 07, 05:52 AM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
skilewis74

Missed deadline
[image:
http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/image...herton416.jpg]

Doesn't look too bulky to me.

Old November 27th 07, 12:17 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

MuniAddict wrote:
I'm thinking now, why couldn't I simply *add* some pieces of
high-density foam to the back [inner side of the nylon covering] of my
661s? That should be relatively easy.

since I broke my Achille's tendon with my saddle handle, I ALWAYS wear
back protection with my 661. they are just are a pair of kick-boxing
protections that fit very well (they have velcro straps that fit).
Moreover they are bright red
edit: for sure I look like robocop ..... but I don't care

--
wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 27th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
wobbling bear

an image showing the complete armour

|Filename: bear_with_armour.JPG |

wobbling bear

One Wheel : bear necessity
http://www.usenet.com
Old November 27th 07, 09:11 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling
MuniAddict

It dawned on me that maybe my 2x2 661 elbow/forearm guards might fit my
calf, so I tried it. Fits perfect! I only wish I had another pair
because I use them on my arms for MUni all the time. Btw, my 661 4x4
knee/shin guards fit right over these with no problem.

|Filename: DSC01816.JPG |