It's Cold

Old December 31st 08, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
P K

Default It's Cold

I am going out because I love my 1934 Sturmey TF hub (fixed 2 speed) in my
1966 superlite Mercian.
It is bloody cold though

PK

Old December 31st 08, 11:50 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
dkahn400

On 31 Dec, 10:23, "P K" wrote:
I am going out because I love my 1934 Sturmey TF hub (fixed 2 speed) in my
1966 superlite Mercian.
It is bloody cold though

I don't know. It felt a bit warmer this morning than yesterday.

You kit sounds really cool. One rare treasure mounted on another. I
should keep it in low in this weather. :-)

--
Dave...
Old December 31st 08, 12:28 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
John Grove

I had one of them complete with top tube gear change. Used it on my witer
bike
It came off my dads 1930's Allen.

I am more modern with my 1963 JRJ Merlin with Campag Gran Sport gears(bought
about1958).
Mafac centre pull brakes, and Chater Lea pedals.
But my Brooks Professional saddle has split the leather this year.

Old December 31st 08, 01:04 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Ian Smith

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008, dkahn400 wrote:
On 31 Dec, 10:23, "P K" wrote:
I am going out because I love my 1934 Sturmey TF hub (fixed 2 speed) in my
1966 superlite Mercian.
It is bloody cold though

I don't know. It felt a bit warmer this morning than yesterday.

It was actually 4.5 degrees C warmer that at the same time yesterday
at my house when I set off to work (0 today, -4.5 yesterday). It
didn't feel a lot different, and my hands were colder this morning
because I spent longer fettling without gloves on before setting off.

regards, Ian SMith
--
|\ /| no .sig
|o o|
Old December 31st 08, 03:40 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
pk

"dkahn400" wrote in message

On 31 Dec, 10:23, "P K" wrote:
I am going out because I love my 1934 Sturmey TF hub (fixed 2 speed) in
my
1966 superlite Mercian.
It is bloody cold though

I don't know. It felt a bit warmer this morning than yesterday.

You kit sounds really cool. One rare treasure mounted on another. I
should keep it in low in this weather. *:-)

--
Dave...- Hide quoted text -

I would replace it with a brooks with loops for the compulsary
carradice saddle bag
Old December 31st 08, 04:49 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Just zis Guy, you know?[_2_]

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:40:30 -0800 (PST), pk
said in
:

I would replace it with a brooks with loops for the compulsary
carradice saddle bag

And of course a winged wheel headbadge :-)

Guy
http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk
GPG sig #3FA3BCDE http://www.chapmancentral.co.uk/pgp-public-key.txt
Old December 31st 08, 04:58 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Rob Morley

On Wed, 31 Dec 2008 07:40:30 -0800 (PST)

No need: http://www.spacycles.co.uk/products....d=m2b5s73p1045

Old December 31st 08, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Trevor A Panther[_2_]

"P K" wrote in message
I am going out because I love my 1934 Sturmey TF hub (fixed 2 speed) in my
1966 superlite Mercian.
It is bloody cold though

PK

Quite a nice cycling day really. Low traffic and it wasn't that cold

I do confess to wearing knees warmers these cooler days to keep my important
joints working well . With a triple layer around my torso I find that if my
feet and head are warm then I am! I get too hot in longs!

The knee warmers are an "old age" thing!.

BTW -- it has been a "annus 'orriblis" for me. A very wet year plus all sorts
of things not going well mean that I have only done 5348 kms this year (it
seems longer than 3300 miles)

2009 will probably be my last long cycle/camping tour.in Europe! I am training
(I.e in a train) from Rotterdam to Berlin and then cycling into Poland before
returning home on my wheels. it is very flat!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire,

Old January 1st 09, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On 31 Dec, 10:23, "P K" wrote:
I am going out because I love my 1934 Sturmey TF hub (fixed 2 speed) in my
1966 superlite Mercian.
It is bloody cold though

I don't know. It felt a bit warmer this morning than yesterday.

It was actually 4.5 degrees C warmer that at the same time yesterday
at my house when I set off to work

Fascinating - are you sure that figure is accurate?

Have you found that bit in the HC which endorses "filtering" yet?

judith

--
I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy Chapman)
I have never said that I encourage my children to wear helmets. (Guy

Old January 1st 09, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
SW

On 1 Jan, 15:12, wrote:

Have you found that bit in the *HC which endorses "filtering" yet?

Rule 163: "If the queue on your right is moving more slowly than you
are, you may pass on the left"

Hey CC, cold enough for ya? Scott Gordo Mountain Biking 8 February 14th 08 10:49 AM
FS: Giordana Cold, Cold weather tights, Size 3 [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 12th 05 06:33 PM
FS: Giordana Cold, Cold weather tights, Size 3 [email protected] Marketplace 0 December 12th 05 06:33 PM
Cold! Zog The Undeniable UK 10 February 20th 05 10:45 PM
cold weather? How cold is it? Max General 14 December 12th 04 07:50 PM