Fox F80X vs F80RLT

Old July 3rd 03, 04:41 PM
JY

Default Fox F80X vs F80RLT

"Bill" wrote in message
om...
I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both
freakin' expensive but I can't mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a
Rock Shox.

So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no
biggie? And does the clunking of the RLC suck, or is it no biggie?

Help appreciated!

Bill

I'm about to make a similar choice too. I'm also looking at the F100RLC
(can change travel to 80mm from what I understand). I'm not even sure what
the difference is between that and the F80RLT. Old Fox website was useless
and new one isn't up yet.

Also, next year apparently entire Fox line will have new ProPedal
valving--supposed to decrease pedal bob. I don't want to wait tho You
might want to look at this too:
http://www.mtbreview.com/reviews/2003_front_shocks/

Old July 3rd 03, 05:53 PM
Rich

Bill wrote:
I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both
freakin' expensive but I can't mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a
Rock Shox.

So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no
biggie? And does the clunking of the RLC suck, or is it no biggie?

Help appreciated!

Bill

I just mounted an RLC 100 and have been very impressed. I've only had it
for a week but have put 6 rides on it, here's my mini review:

Overall I am lovin it; plush, stiff, easily adjustable...what else is
there? The most impressive pro about it is the stiffness. Oh so very
stiff. Noticeably better than my old bomber, from back when the arch
was removable.

Minor cons:
I like the lockout because it actually just ramps up the compression
damping real high leaving just enough suspension to smooth things out,
but not enough to rob energy. The only problem I've found is that since
there is a little action I find myself forgetting that it's locked.
Also, when locked out, the sharpish knob is pointing directly at my
knee. I'll probably never hit it but it makes me ever so slightly uneasy.

Noise; no knocking yet. The squish is a little louder than I'm used to
but not enough to be noticeable.

Old July 4th 03, 05:18 AM
Jon Bond

"Bill Porter" wrote in message
On 2 Jul 2003 19:18:07 -0700, (Bill) wrote:

I'm trying to decide between the two and need opinions. They're both
freakin' expensive but I can't mount a 'zocchi and I'm won't buy a
Rock Shox.

So: does the TerraLogic "delay" in kicking in suck, or is it no
biggie? And does the clunking of the RLC suck, or is it no biggie?

Help appreciated!

Bill

I have the 100RLC and I too was having to decide between the
Terralogic model or not. I ultimately decided to go with the RLC
mainly because I wanted the choice of decide when to lock it out or
not. Also with the RLC's adjustable lockout blowoff threshold you
could almost replicate the terralogic effect by setting it very light.
I don't run it that way however.

Bill Porter
www.mountainbikebill.com

Not quite - you could still activate it with your bodyweight. The
terralogic uses a kind of floating lockout, where if the "brassmass" is
moved out of the way because the fork itself moves, then the fork will
activate. However, input from above won't do a damn thing to move it, so
the fork stays locked out.

Jon Bond