Hands hurting

Old January 14th 12, 05:34 AM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Mike Jacoubowsky

Default Hands hurting

"Michael" wrote in message
Hey, Mike. I have a Madone 5.2 2006, and it's not 100 percent apparent
to me how to raise the handlebars on my bike. Any thoughts? Is this a
job for the LBS?

Thanks,

Mike

That bike will have a threadless stem, which can be oriented either "up"
or "down." If it's in the down position, it can be switched and you'll
gain about half an inch, maybe more, in height. A new stem can be
purchased to put your bars pretty much wherever you wish, you just have
to define where that place is. Cost for a stem runs $40-$90 for most
options.

I'd bring the bike in to the shop you got it from; they may be willing
to look at you on the bike and figure out some options. Changing out the
stem is a trivial task.

--Mike-- Chain Reaction Bicycles
www.ChainReactionBicycles.com

Old January 14th 12, 03:43 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
ian field

"M5usr" wrote in message
On 01/13/2012 04:50 PM, Michael wrote:
These are good questions. I do have some problems with hand pain when
I ride outside, but the problem has increased now that I'm spending a
lot of time on my Kreitlers. I tend to pedal and keep my hands on the
bars the entire time I ride indoors, and my hands become problems
after about an hour. I'm not one of those who can ride without hands
on rollers.

Thanks,

Mike

I believe anybody in just a fair shape should be able to ride for 1 hour
without noticeable pain (unless you are going for the hour record ,
and since you do it indoor it cannot be related to chill.
I think I would stick to what the other good people already has
suggested . A Doctor check is always a good thing , even for superman.

T2 diabetes certainly shouldn't be discounted out of hand, diabetic
neuropathy usually makes its debut in the feet but if you do a lot of
cycling/walking/excercise that can stimulate circulation in the feet so
neuropathy due to impaired circulation can become apparent in other
extremities first.

Old January 14th 12, 04:31 PM posted to rec.bicycles.misc
Michael[_10_]

Mike, I dropped the saddle 1 cm, pushed it back 1 cm, and raised the nose. I rode on the rollers for a couple of podcasts fairly comfortably. I may raise the bars a cm too. I think I'll find the magic setup eventually. I appreciate your help!

Mike
Old January 23rd 12, 02:36 AM
JaxRhapsody JaxRhapsody is offline
Junior Member

Location: Louisville, KY
Send a message via MSN to JaxRhapsody Send a message via Yahoo to JaxRhapsody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael[_10_] View Post
Mike, I dropped the saddle 1 cm, pushed it back 1 cm, and raised the nose. I rode on the rollers for a couple of podcasts fairly comfortably. I may raise the bars a cm too. I think I'll find the magic setup eventually. I appreciate your help!

Mike
Make sure you're not holding them too tight either, they shouldnt fly away.
The Jax Rhapsody, Rhapsodic Laviathan. Man behind the fro with tinted sunglasses.

Helmet saves boy from hurting his knee Simon Mason UK 43 August 30th 11 10:59 AM
cankles hurting unizipster Unicycling 5 May 30th 06 05:49 PM
Knee hurting with 110mm cracks unicycleboy Unicycling 0 December 28th 05 08:13 PM
IS CRITICAL MASS HELPING OR HURTING US? thegaybicyclist Social Issues 15 August 11th 05 07:49 PM
Leg hurting while gliding litldude2 Unicycling 7 May 31st 05 03:49 AM