Rigid Forks, doesn't like suspension.

Old July 3rd 03, 09:35 AM
Shaun Rimmer

Default Rigid Forks, doesn't like suspension.

Andrew Thorne wrote in message
Heheheheh - funny, but that's not what I was saying - I was sending

myself
up, what, with me and my huge tyre fixation and all.

Fair enough. I just thought I'd have some fun with you.

I know ',;~}~

Cheers,

Slanche!

-Andrew

Shaun aRe

Old July 3rd 03, 02:56 PM
Stephen Baker

Dougy says:

Sorry for being ambiguous, that would be Barry SANDERS, who knows
that v-brakes are sometimes better than discs.

OK - but you had Burke worried for a while in there ;-)

Stephen C. Baker - Yacht Designer
http://members.aol.com/SailDesign/pr...cbweb/home.htm
Old July 3rd 03, 06:53 PM
JD

Doug Taylor wrote in message . ..
(JD) wrote:

That's a pretty broad and bold statement there Dougie. You need to get out more.

JD and Stephen Baker on their rigid forks vs. the rest of the world on
suspension. What studs!

I'm on my mt. bikes about 2 or 3 times a week, about 2/3 of the time
on the dualie with discs and 1/3 on the rigid SS with V-s.

Here's the truth that any idiot with half a brain who actually rides
bikes with any degree of proficiency can determine empirically simply
by actually riding frequently and not talking out of their ass: 1)
suspension is faster "going down hills" that rigid; 2) disc brakes
are superior to rim brakes in ALL respects.

The small, small minority of people who disagree with either or both
of those assertions are so far off the bell curve as to not to not
merit much attention. JD, Stephen and Barry to name three.

I really like how you chose to delete your prior statement from this
post, to which I had contradicted because of its ignorant natu

Anybody who thinks a rigid frame and forks can keep pace with a full
suspension or just a front suspension bike downhill: 1) rides only
smooth fire roads; 2) has arms made of spaghetti; 3) hasn't ridden
with suspension in a while; 4) doesn't ride with riders on suspension
(front or both) bikes; 5) rides alone; 6) rides with weenies; 7) is
Brian Lopes or a close relative

How uninformed of you. Your world must be pathetically small.

JD
Old July 8th 03, 12:34 PM
Bill Wheeler

On Wed, 2 Jul 2003 09:37:45 +0800, "Jansen Danganan"
wrote:

[snip]

I totally enjoyed this thread!!

Peace and thank you,
Bill
The mind serves properly as a window glass rather
than as a reflector, that is, the mind should give
:-]