"It's like this"

Old September 28th 04, 01:49 PM
Carla A-G

"Corvus Corvax" wrote in message
ups.com...
My guess would be recumbent. My wife has Jim's unicycle ;-).

How is she doing with that thing?

- CA-G

Can-Am Girls Kick Ass!

Old September 28th 04, 09:19 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-09-24, Jimbo penned:

So as per my physical terrorist's instructions...

I have to remember this term. My own physical therapist likes to terrorize me
with these electrode things that supposedly help anti-inflammatories get into
my wrist. Itchy and weird, and it leaves a rash. Yick!

--
monique

"Get a bicycle. You will not regret it, if you live."
-- Mark Twain
Old September 28th 04, 11:37 PM
Shawn

On 2004-09-24, Jimbo penned:

So as per my physical terrorist's instructions...

I have to remember this term. My own physical therapist likes to terrorize me
with these electrode things that supposedly help anti-inflammatories get into
my wrist. Itchy and weird, and it leaves a rash. Yick!

If it works there should be lots of data to back it up. I'd ask for the
peer reviewed research article in a respected journal that backs up the
claim. Until then I'd respectfully decline. I'd *want* to tell them
where they could get a rash, but I'd control the urge.
If they do come up with a paper, well you can always get cortisone cream.

Shawn
Old September 28th 04, 11:50 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-09-28, Shawn penned:
On 2004-09-24, Jimbo penned:

So as per my physical terrorist's instructions...

I have to remember this term. My own physical therapist likes to terrorize
me with these electrode things that supposedly help anti-inflammatories get
into my wrist. Itchy and weird, and it leaves a rash. Yick!

If it works there should be lots of data to back it up. I'd ask for the
peer reviewed research article in a respected journal that backs up the
claim. Until then I'd respectfully decline. I'd *want* to tell them where
they could get a rash, but I'd control the urge. If they do come up with a
paper, well you can always get cortisone cream.

No one forced me into anything. It does seem to ease the tendon-sheath pain,
but after my last rash, we've gone back to ultrasound rubs with cortisone. Or
something. Eh. Nothing seems to help. I think I'm gimped for life. Even my
PT says that if it isn't improving, there's no point in continuing the
sessions. But where do I go from there?

Old September 29th 04, 12:16 AM
Slacker

=

Even my
PT says that if it isn't improving, there's no point in continuing the=

sessions. But where do I go from there?

Amputation.

-- =

Slacker
Old September 29th 04, 12:17 AM
bri719

Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

No one forced me into anything. It does seem to ease the tendon-sheath pain,
but after my last rash, we've gone back to ultrasound rubs with cortisone. Or
something. Eh. Nothing seems to help. I think I'm gimped for life. Even my
PT says that if it isn't improving, there's no point in continuing the
sessions. But where do I go from there?

nowhere to go but up.

--

* new and improved for your pleasure*
* enjoying the karma *

Old September 29th 04, 12:39 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-09-28, bri719 penned:
Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

No one forced me into anything. It does seem to ease the tendon-sheath
pain, but after my last rash, we've gone back to ultrasound rubs with
cortisone. Or something. Eh. Nothing seems to help. I think I'm gimped
for life. Even my PT says that if it isn't improving, there's no point in
continuing the sessions. But where do I go from there?

nowhere to go but up.

No, it could get a lot worse, I'm sure. It's just that it's not getting
*better*. But who needs to be able to lift things with their primary
(dominant) hand, right?

Old September 29th 04, 12:53 AM
Shawn

On 2004-09-28, Shawn penned:

On 2004-09-24, Jimbo penned:

[...]

Cortisone/lidicaine injections? Its not in your PT's toolbox, so they
may be ambivalent or even negative about it. Shots worked well on my
elbow (others here have benefited as well). Ask your doc. Dragon
Naturally Speaking. Seriously, are you protecting it from overuse? Are
you taking your vitamin I or some other anti inflammatory regularly?
Decreasing inflammation helps healing.
IIRC you're in your 20s. It'll heal if you let it. I didn't get my
first damaged-for-life injury till I was 30 (everything else got better
before that).
Remember ski season's still a few months off. :-)

Shawn
Old September 29th 04, 01:31 AM
Slacker

Remember ski season's still a few months off. :-)

Shawn

I don't know about a few months, saw plenty of snow on them Rockies last=
=

week http://breckenridge.snow.com/mtn.cams.asp =

http://keystone.snow.com/mountaincams.asp

Some of the resorts have shut down their MTB season and are blowing snow=
=

already. I don't know when they typically open... maybe a few/several =

weeks...?

-- =

Slacker
Old September 29th 04, 02:01 AM
Corvus Corvax

Carla A-G wrote:
"Corvus Corvax" wrote

My guess would be recumbent. My wife has Jim's unicycle ;-).

How is she doing with that thing?

She works on it occasionally. Learning to ride a unicycle taks pretty
incredible dedication, I think. I remember learning to use a pogo stick
when I was a kid. Took me _weeks_ of completely focused effort before I
could do more than one hop. After that, it wasn't long before I could
spend all afternoon on the thing.
We grownups don't have that kind of perseverence.

CC