Tour de Warrumbungles

Old April 5th 07, 01:11 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

Default Tour de Warrumbungles

Mmmm, hills:
http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling/gallerytour.htm

False flats:
http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling...ize/onroad.jpg

Having attacked the field early:
http://www.coonabarabran.com/cycling...20size/Tim.jpg

They had a sneaky handicapping system. The full ride goes from town
up to the top of the observatory, and could theoretically leave the
observatory for the national park about the same time as the ones
doing the shorter ride down the observatory into the NP. But in order
to give the shorter riders an advantage, they tempt us with coffee and
muffins at the top.

Anyway, I was the first down the mountain of the guys I left with,
which is what counts. Ah, local knowledge. I bet they even used
brakes on some of the corners.

--
TimC
Time is nature's way of making sure that everything doesn't happen at once.

And space is so that it doesn't all happen to you.
-- Matthew L. Martin and John D Salt in ARK
Old April 5th 07, 07:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2007-04-05, TimC wrote:
Tour de Warrumbungles stuff

Sorry I missed it. I'll get a report on Sunday from the Dubboites who
did go.

Hey Tim, does your observatory cater for tourists, or is it strictly
business? I'm thinking of bringing my kids up for a gander over the
school holidays.

--
John
When C++ is your hammer, everything looks like a thumb.
Old April 6th 07, 05:43 AM posted to aus.bicycle
TimC

On 2007-04-05, John Pitts (aka Bruce)
Hey Tim, does your observatory cater for tourists, or is it strictly
business? I'm thinking of bringing my kids up for a gander over the
school holidays.

There's an exploratory which may or may not be open after July ("come
quick, it may be your last chance!"). But our visitors gallery where
you get to peer *at* the big scope is always open. Can't use the
telescope though of course.

Go to skywatch closer to town to look through 'scopes.

--
TimC
We are no longer the knights who say "ni"
Old April 6th 07, 08:42 AM posted to aus.bicycle
John Pitts[_2_]

On 2007-04-05, John Pitts (aka Bruce)
Hey Tim, does your observatory cater for tourists, or is it strictly
business? I'm thinking of bringing my kids up for a gander over the
school holidays.

There's an exploratory which may or may not be open after July ("come
quick, it may be your last chance!"). But our visitors gallery where
you get to peer *at* the big scope is always open. Can't use the
telescope though of course.

Thanks for the info Tim. Yes, I was just wanting to look at it, wasn't
expecting to look through!

--
John
Every program has at least one bug and can be shortened by at least one

Tour de Warrumbungles TimC Australia 1 March 27th 07 01:32 PM
Tour de France = Tour de Fraud = Deaths and Suicides wilhelm Racing 5 August 7th 06 08:12 AM
Tour of California bike race - tour groups? ruppelka Rides 4 January 26th 06 07:03 PM
Tour of Germany - Ulrich to miss out on another Tour victory ? The Nottingham Duck UK 2 August 19th 05 01:13 PM
Tour de France tour company page updated Mike Jacoubowsky/Chain Reaction Bicycles General 10 December 3rd 03 08:20 AM