traffic law news

Old July 11th 17, 05:25 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
AMuzi

Default traffic law news

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-trucker.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/

Old July 11th 17, 05:34 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Doug Landau

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 9:25:16 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-trucker.html

--
Andrew Muzi
www.yellowjersey.org/
Open every day since 1 April, 1971

that was close
Old July 11th 17, 11:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 9:25:16 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-trucker.html

I had quite a few close passes today but the closest passes were driving slowly so I didn't pay them any attention after I cooled off.

If they pass slowly enough they can get pretty close without any real danger.
Old July 12th 17, 12:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Sir Ridesalot

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:10:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 9:25:16 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-trucker.html

I had quite a few close passes today but the closest passes were driving slowly so I didn't pay them any attention after I cooled off.

If they pass slowly enough they can get pretty close without any real danger.

If when you're riding a bicycle and you can touch a passing vehicle with your outstretched arm then the vehicle is within the 3 feet safe passing zone now mandated by many areas.

Cheers
Old July 12th 17, 01:25 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
JBeattie

On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 4:45:13 PM UTC-7, Sir Ridesalot wrote:
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 6:10:13 PM UTC-4, wrote:
On Tuesday, July 11, 2017 at 9:25:16 AM UTC-7, AMuzi wrote:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...h-trucker.html

I had quite a few close passes today but the closest passes were driving slowly so I didn't pay them any attention after I cooled off.

If they pass slowly enough they can get pretty close without any real danger.

If when you're riding a bicycle and you can touch a passing vehicle with your outstretched arm then the vehicle is within the 3 feet safe passing zone now mandated by many areas.

Cheers

In Oregon, it doesn't apply when a bicycle is in a bike lane. So you can get buses (for example) passing with an inch clearance if you get near the edge of the bike lane. They sort of wobble into the bike lane anyway, but then they're clearly violating cyclist right of way. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EofYCu0Rng But that doesn't seem to bother them. Frank will love that bike lane. I avoid getting squished by buses in a lane-less spot on the way home by . . . drum roll please . . . taking the lane. Right he https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UgYXYtzbv0w

-- Jay Beattie.

Traffic Sensor News AMuzi Techniques 4 October 18th 14 01:28 AM
Good news: not doping. Bad news: 1 year suspension Robert Chung Racing 0 May 7th 08 12:37 AM
2300 news articles for victory. 3100 news articles for doping to get there [email protected] Racing 2 July 30th 06 07:52 PM
Traffic Citations & Traffic Cops Freddie Mountain Biking 0 March 23rd 06 05:02 AM
Good news/bad news from Chicago Paul Turner General 18 November 30th 04 03:54 PM