Hubjub delivers - and so does the group

Old July 7th 05, 07:52 AM
JHande

Default Hubjub delivers - and so does the group

Living in Denmark, with a negligible population of fixie riders (apart from
messengers in Copenhagen), it's been a bit difficult sourcing hubs for my
fixie project.

Well, Will delivered, with a nice pair of Kogswells + sprockets. Hubjub is
in the UK (http://www.hubjub.co.uk), and has excellent service.

Wheels have been built, installed on an old frame bought at a police
auction (120mm rear clearance, horizontal dropouts) and....

Chainline: perfect. 0deg deviation.
Cranks: cheap 165mm found in an industrial catalog, of all places - perfect
Rims (mavic) with a 3x pattern: perfect
Handling: gorgeous
Brakes: front

A lot of research later (especially on Sheldon's and Will's sites - thanks
guys), a really nice bike. Now I just need to upgrade the handlebars, and
clear a bit of the rust.

The local LBS guy freaked out when I told him that I wanted the wheel to be
completely centered - he'd never seen a hub like that, and was very
reluctant to do it. The his boss walked in, took a look, and "I'll do
that". Turns out he used to ride track.

Thanks to all in r.b.t, - this would have been a very expensive exercise if
this group didn't exist.

/ulf
Old July 7th 05, 07:58 AM
Jim Smith

JHande writes:

[...]

Good to hear your success story. Why don't you take some pics and
send them to the fixed gear gallery:

http://www.fixedgeargallery.com/

I think he posts pretty much everything people send. It is always
good to see what other people are doing.