Latham uses car as weapon

Old January 23rd 06, 09:00 PM posted to aus.bicycle

Default Latham uses car as weapon

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E661,00.html

Scary man.

--
TimC
SIGTHTBABW: a signal sent from Unix to its programmers at random
Old January 23rd 06, 10:34 PM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E661,00.html

Scary man.

No pathetic, he didn't even run the ******* over, just clipped him with
a mirror. No sympathy for "the press" because they will use anyone to
rake in the $$$$$.

Sorry, I am not a believer that "the press" can take your (common
person) picture at any moment, although Mark Latham really is a "public"
person.

Why would I defend him? Well, he does ride a bicycle locally and
encourages his kids to do so and you are not going to be able to do that
safely with fat arse members of "the press" hounding you.

Perhaps the police should issue him with a pistol licence and warn the
press. That way, Mark would shoot the dumb ones and the smart ones would
resort to long range grainy "expose" photos that lots of peeps would
think appropriate.

Old January 23rd 06, 10:46 PM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC Wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/b4sr5

Scary man.

Two sides to every story - and keep in mind the sheer amount of
childish hyperbole used in the article. Hardly Pulitzer Prize
standard, is it?

--
cfsmtb

Old January 23rd 06, 10:51 PM posted to aus.bicycle

TimC wrote:
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E661,00.html

Scary man.

Whilst I don't condone Latham's actions (or even feel anything for him), I
think a photographer who sticks his camera in Latham's face, or mine, or
even yours, is unlikely to get a smile.

Theo

Old January 23rd 06, 11:33 PM posted to aus.bicycle

On 2006-01-23, TimC wrote:
[Herald Sun article on Latham]

Scary man.

As has already been said, there are two sides to every story.

Latham is no longer a force in Australia's political processes. He's
out, and he's not likely to return. Ok, yes, he has a very nice pension
for his efforts (I'd like $75,000 per annum for the rest of my life, no
questions asked, thank you very much), but that's the only connection he
has left.

There's a lot of gutter journalism out there these days, and I tend to
include the Hun in that category unless and until proven otherwise. Not
saying Latham's actions were right, mind you -- just that they are
somewhat understandable.

Based upon what I've read about Latham -- which isn't much, and isn't
very well balanced -- I'd suggest that he's a very troubled man.
Prodding him is not exactly the best way to treat somebody like that.

Old January 24th 06, 12:12 AM posted to aus.bicycle

In article

,
Terry Collins wrote:

Sorry, I am not a believer that "the press" can take your (common
person) picture at any moment, although Mark Latham really is a "public"
person.

Terry,
I do not buy the bull**** that Latham is a 'public person'. He has
rights to privacy the same as I do and you do.
He was once a public figure on the public payroll but withdrew for his
own reasons, which are unimportant. The press had no right to harass
him. They obviously knew he would not grant consent for an interview or
pictures.
Please understand that I have never supported Latham's political career
nor do I find him an endearing character but he is a normal Australian
citizen and deserves to be left alone. I would take exactly the same
stance with an invasion of the privacy of John Brogden or Geoff Gallop.
YMMV,
Darryl
Old January 24th 06, 12:27 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Stuart Lamble Wrote:

Based upon what I've read about Latham -- which isn't much, and isn't
very well balanced -- I'd suggest that he's a very troubled man.
Prodding him is not exactly the best way to treat somebody like that.

For one I don't believe he's bonkers at all, afterall should we rely
upon gutter journalism to diagnose and treat medical cases? Total
bollox really isn't it? To me it's simple really, federal politics is a
cesspool and many aspects of modern life are rubbish.

I think you'd find if any of us were placed in a similar position to
Latham we'd walk off in disgust after too much exposure to it all.

--
cfsmtb

Old January 24th 06, 12:28 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 09:34:34 +1100, Terry Collins wrote:

Why would I defend him? Well, he does ride a bicycle locally and
encourages his kids to do so and you are not going to be able to do that
safely with fat arse members of "the press" hounding you.

Buy the kids downhill bikes and armour for Xmas...

--
Dave Hughes |
"Did you know God had a plan for you?"

Old January 24th 06, 01:08 AM posted to aus.bicycle

Stuart Lamble Wrote:
Ok, yes, Tihe has a very nice pension
for his efforts (I'd like $75,000 per annum for the rest of my life,
no
questions asked, thank you very much),

Just had a quick read, I'd be dirty on my old man if he was on that
money and he was making me share a hamburger with him and my brother.

Daz

--
Daz1980

Old January 24th 06, 01:46 AM posted to aus.bicycle

On Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:00:57 GMT, TimC wrote:

http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E661,00.html

Scary man.

Sod the journalist, what about the poor camera? It's painful to see a nice
piece of kit like that trashed. Mind you, "designed for Iraq and East
Timor" and "armour plated" sounds like ******** to me. I can't see Nikon
putting that down as a design criteria for any commercial camera. Magnesium
alloy for reasonable strength and lightness, yes; ability to withstand even
a drop (or a hard throw) from a couple of metres on to concrete, no.

Graeme

extra chin, secret weapon. gym.gravity Racing 23 November 29th 05 01:12 AM
Latham a triathlete? Marty Australia 22 September 24th 05 05:23 AM
Cycling new weapon in fight against terrorism! flyingdutch Australia 13 May 14th 05 03:43 PM
The handiman's secret weapon.... Portable Splat Graphics Mountain Biking 4 August 22nd 04 08:34 PM
Air Pump detected as a weapon???? Red Cloud General 25 May 26th 04 10:51 PM