Driver uses her car as a weapon, Deptford

Old March 7th 07, 12:38 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

Default Driver uses her car as a weapon, Deptford

From C+

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford along Evelyn St, a 4x4
(Nissan Patrol?....privacy glass windows) pulled from McMillan St into
the road in front of me to join the traffic but stopped halfway out as
there was no gap to join. This made me swerve, but no big deal; I went
round the back and carried on. As I have to get over to the right to
get into the filter lane into Deptford Church St fairly sharpish from
here; I signalled right and moved over behind the car infront, but I
could here a FRANTIC revving from behind getting very close and
glanced back to see the nose of the Nissan heading stright for my back
wheel.....I swerved a bit but it came so close its mirror hit my
(signalling) hand. It revved off to be the first to wait at the
traffic light waitng to go into Deptford Church St. I said nothing but
waited at the lights at a safe distance from the Nissan; I didn't even
look at it. At the next lights I got to the front of the queue. When
the lights went green this Nissan came up behind me so closely,
revving its engine so frantically I was convinced it was going to hit
me(it was veering sharply over towards me at the kerb by now) so I
pulled my front wheel up onto the kerb. It was doing that stop/start/
on-the-clutch/on-the-brake jerky thing. Like having a mad kangaroo
start aimed at you. By now I had to say some thing so I asked what the
F### they were trying to do. I could now see it was driven by a young
girl and full of her mates. As I was saying this the rear window wound
down and I received a face full of gob from a nasty little chavette.
The Nissan revved off in a stench of fried clutch. Off course, the
next part of the road is single file thru roadworks. Evertime I got
near, it would swerve VIOLENTLY towards me, so I tried to go on the
pavement, but it mounted the pavement to try & hit me. I realised it
was probably best to be behind it, but, no; it sarted reversing
violently back.....The other cars around me were keeping their
distance. It stayed stopped for a few moments.....all traffic held up
at a standstill by it. It the occured to me that they could just jump
out and stab/shoot/maim me. I took my phone out and got a photo of the
registration plate (P497 TGU). Whether they saw me do this or not I
don't know as it had privacy glass, but it had the desired affect and
it screeched off. I was quite shaken up. I called the police station
when I got home and had to leave a message. I said I wanted to report
an incident. I'm still waiting for a reply.

I did absolutley nothing to provoke this behaviour.....well, apart
from being on a bike. I'm still shaken by it.

End quote.

The police have been very good and have the registration.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Old March 7th 07, 12:48 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
POHB

On 7 Mar, 11:38, "spindrift" wrote:

The police have been very good and have the registration.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Jeez! I'm feeling shaky just from reading that.
But yeah, that DNA sample ought to be pretty solid evidence.
I wonder if the photo got any other reg. plates of potential witnesses?

Old March 7th 07, 12:51 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Earl Purple

On 7 Mar, 11:38, "spindrift" wrote:
From C+

snip big story about lunatic teenage girl drivers
End quote.

The police have been very good and have the registration.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

And all this proves what, exactly? Should have started taking pictures
much earlier.

Old March 7th 07, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 7 Mar, 11:51, "Earl Purple" wrote:
On 7 Mar, 11:38, "spindrift" wrote: From C+

snip big story about lunatic teenage girl drivers

End quote.

The police have been very good and have the registration.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

And all this proves what, exactly? Should have started taking pictures
much earlier.

Sorry, here's the link:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/t...OPIC_ID=122141

So far the cops have been brilliant and have filed it as an actual
assault due to the nasty little chavette gobbing on me. They've taken
two statements and will get back to me with results on their findings
with the new reg number I've given them.

It's difficult to know what to do; as much as I'd like to nail the
driver and the occupants, it's a difficult one to prove. There's a bus
lane CCTV on the road where the incident took place, but being able to
prove the identity of the 'gobber' will be nigh on impossible.
Also, tho I'd like the idiot driver to get a wake up call from the
cops, I'm reluctant to get myself in a position where my details
become known to her and her family......Just speculating, but
supposing she has bigger brother who'll exact revenge for dissing his
lil' siss. Maybe idiocy runs in the family?
It's more than likely she'll profess to be the victim or something
like that and come up with a bunch of witnesses......

Makes me angry just thinking about it

Old March 7th 07, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

spindrift wrote:

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I took my phone out and got a photo of the
registration plate...

Post the photo somewhere - someone here may recognise something, or spot
clues.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Did the driver spit too? Have the police accepted the "deposit" as
evidence?

--
Matt B
Old March 7th 07, 01:56 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I took my phone out and got a photo of the
registration plate...

Post the photo somewhere - someone here may recognise something, or spot
clues.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Did the driver spit too? Have the police accepted the "deposit" as
evidence?

--
Matt B

"Sorry to hear of your misfortune. "

Ah, bless! I've just received a personal email from Matt B:

"Sorry, just realised that I didn't read the thread or the link
properly.

Honest mistake, won't make it again, sincere apologies.

May I tell you something about myself?

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where
do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie
owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for
buggery.

My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with
webbed feet.

My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous
claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse
chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the
genius possess and the insane lament.

My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the
spring we'd make meat helmets.

When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with
reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my
first scribe.

At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically
shaved my testicles.

There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I
highly suggest you try it.

Love, Matt."

Touching.

Let's all be more indulgent toward this chap, he needs our support
guys.

Old March 7th 07, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

spindrift wrote:
On 7 Mar, 12:39, Matt B wrote:
spindrift wrote:

Riding home last night at 6.30 thru Deptford...

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

I took my phone out and got a photo of the
registration plate...

Post the photo somewhere - someone here may recognise something, or spot
clues.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

Did the driver spit too? Have the police accepted the "deposit" as
evidence?

--
Matt B

"Sorry to hear of your misfortune. "

Ah, bless! I've just received a personal email from Matt B:

Whoa. I was being sincere. I had a not too dissimilar experience
myself a few years back. Now please don't be so defensive.

Now how about posting the photo so we may be able to help detecting this
"motorist" - or is it buried in another link somewhere which I haven't
thoroughly explored yet?

--
Matt B
Old March 7th 07, 03:05 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Pyromancer

Upon the miasma of midnight, a darkling spirit identified as spindrift
gently breathed:

[...]

Part of the on-going problem of the authorities refusal to actually
punish anyone any more. Even if you report them and the police do
manage to trace and stop the car, they'll get nothing more than an ASBO
for their efforts and they'll promptly ignore that. Meanwhile though,
you'll have become their enemy, and they or their mates / fellow gang
members will make it a personal mission to exact revenge on you, or more
likely other members of your family.

--
- DJ Pyromancer, Black Sheep, Leeds. http://www.sheepish.net

Broadband, Dialup, Domains = http://www.wytches.net = The UK's Pagan ISP!
http://www.inkubus-sukkubus.co.uk http://www.revival.stormshadow.com
Old March 7th 07, 07:53 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling

On Mar 7, 1:23 pm, Matt B wrote:

Now how about posting the photo so we may be able to help detecting this
"motorist" - or is it buried in another link somewhere which I haven't
thoroughly explored yet?

--
Matt B

Why the 'scare quotes' around the word "motorist" in your post, Mr
Troll person?

Latham uses car as weapon TimC Australia 35 January 25th 06 01:11 PM
Assault with a deadly weapon - a car? dannyfrankszzz UK 26 September 25th 05 01:31 PM
Cyclists weapon Tony Raven UK 4 August 20th 05 01:20 PM
The handiman's secret weapon.... Portable Splat Graphics Mountain Biking 4 August 22nd 04 08:34 PM
Air Pump detected as a weapon???? Red Cloud General 25 May 26th 04 10:51 PM