Driver uses her car as a weapon, Deptford

Old March 8th 07, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

Default Driver uses her car as a weapon, Deptford

On 2007-03-08 08:53:01 +0000, "spindrift" said:

Me too. Can't wait. This might be useful:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/t...OPIC_ID=118265

I've had a couple of incidents (not as serious as the OP) that I wish
I'd be able to film. There's a bendy bus driver who should be in
prison for his driving, instead I got the bog standard brush off from
the bus company.

Riding a trike I find I get more courtesy from cars and busses in general
I have to say.

--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

Old March 8th 07, 09:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Matt B

spindrift wrote:
Buck wrote:
"spindrift" spewed:
Matt B wrote:
Sorry to hear of your misfortune.
Ah, bless! I've just received a blah blah

Isn't it time you re-entered society and left the asylum behind?

I don't see the point in responding civilly to somebody who is too
lazy or stupid to read threads properly.

The /point/ is to clarify any misunderstanding. what have I missed in
the "thread"?

--
Matt B
Old March 8th 07, 09:31 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 2007-03-08 08:53:01 +0000, "spindrift" said:

Me too. Can't wait. This might be useful:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/t...OPIC_ID=118265

I've had a couple of incidents (not as serious as the OP) that I wish
I'd be able to film. There's a bendy bus driver who should be in
prison for his driving, instead I got the bog standard brush off from
the bus company.

Riding a trike I find I get more courtesy from cars and busses in general
I have to say.

--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM3Tn3u5b1Q

Classic.

I really like the idea of these.

Old March 8th 07, 09:33 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

Buck wrote:

Riding a trike I find I get more courtesy from cars and busses in general
I have to say.

Or anything unusual, ISTM.

But beyond that, having got used to being given more room on my (2
wheel) 'bent, I started taking road more assertively on "normal" bikes,
and if you're not daft about it and otherwise courteous and considerate
IME one tends to get given the space more often than not.

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
Old March 8th 07, 09:41 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

spindrift wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM3Tn3u5b1Q

Classic.

I really like the idea of these.

Of what, exactly?

I can't think you really mean "shaky video that shows nothing very
clearly", but that seems to be what that link is...

Pete.
Old March 8th 07, 09:49 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

On 8 Mar, 09:41, Peter Clinch wrote:
spindrift wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM3Tn3u5b1Q

Classic.

I really like the idea of these.

Of what, exactly?

I can't think you really mean "shaky video that shows nothing very
clearly", but that seems to be what that link is...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

You don't think the bus is a bit close?

Driver hits a cyclist. No witnesses. The driver says "The cyclist was
weaving". The cyclist is dead. No charges. This happens.

A camera would at least confirm the cyclist's position, the
conditions, what actually happened.

For around £120 outlay I'm amazed what good evidence those cameras
supply.

Old March 8th 07, 10:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
elyob

"spindrift" wrote in message
ups.com...
On 7 Mar, 11:51, "Earl Purple" wrote:
On 7 Mar, 11:38, "spindrift" wrote: From C+

snip big story about lunatic teenage girl drivers

End quote.

The police have been very good and have the registration.

Kind of the driver to volunteer a DNA sample...

And all this proves what, exactly? Should have started taking pictures
much earlier.

Sorry, here's the link:

http://www.cyclingplus.co.uk/forum/t...OPIC_ID=122141

So far the cops have been brilliant and have filed it as an actual
assault due to the nasty little chavette gobbing on me. They've taken
two statements and will get back to me with results on their findings
with the new reg number I've given them.

It's difficult to know what to do; as much as I'd like to nail the
driver and the occupants, it's a difficult one to prove. There's a bus
lane CCTV on the road where the incident took place, but being able to
prove the identity of the 'gobber' will be nigh on impossible.
Also, tho I'd like the idiot driver to get a wake up call from the
cops, I'm reluctant to get myself in a position where my details
become known to her and her family......Just speculating, but
supposing she has bigger brother who'll exact revenge for dissing his
lil' siss. Maybe idiocy runs in the family?
It's more than likely she'll profess to be the victim or something
like that and come up with a bunch of witnesses......

Well, exactly. You should have scratched her car / smacked her in the face
and carried on happily.

Old March 8th 07, 10:23 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Peter Clinch

spindrift wrote:

You don't think the bus is a bit close?

I think that it's completely impossible to make any sort of reasonable
value judgement from that piece of video.
How close was it? Can you even tell me to the nearest /foot/ with any
degree of confidence?

Driver hits a cyclist. No witnesses. The driver says "The cyclist was
weaving". The cyclist is dead. No charges. This happens.

A camera would at least confirm the cyclist's position, the
conditions, what actually happened.

Not if it's this quality it wouldn't. You can't tell if the cyclists is
weaving or not due to all of the head movement.

For around £120 outlay I'm amazed what good evidence those cameras
supply.

IANAL but if that's your idea of good evidence I think you could be in
for a rude awakening in court. Look at what you can actually see,
rather than deciding it obviously confirms your suspicions.

Pete.
Old March 8th 07, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Buck

spindrift wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM3Tn3u5b1Q

Classic.

I really like the idea of these.

Of what, exactly?

I can't think you really mean "shaky video that shows nothing very
clearly", but that seems to be what that link is...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

You don't think the bus is a bit close?

Didn't look that way to me, just looked like the cyclist was wobbly.

Old March 8th 07, 11:26 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
spindrift

spindrift wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM3Tn3u5b1Q

Classic.

I really like the idea of these.

Of what, exactly?

I can't think you really mean "shaky video that shows nothing very
clearly", but that seems to be what that link is...

Pete.
--
Peter Clinch Medical Physics IT Officer
Fax 44 1382 640177 Dundee DD1 9SY Scotland UK
net http://www.dundee.ac.uk/~pjclinch/

You don't think the bus is a bit close?

Didn't look that way to me, just looked like the cyclist was wobbly.

--
Three wheels good, two wheels ok

www.catrike.co.uk- Hide quoted text -

OK, not the best example.

try this from another cyclist:

I have a bit of a nasty right turn I take on a two lane road,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGXCe2RGzZY

(it's not very exciting but demonstrates what happened). This chap in
a Jag decided that I shouldn't be taking the primary position as I was
holding him up.

As you can probably hear on the video I tried to explain why I was
there, for my own safety, however his answer to this was 'I cycle as
well you know, so I know what I am talking about'. I assume he's one
of the gutter cyclists then. I tried to point him in the direction of
Cyclecraft (I called it roadcraft at first!), but I don't think he
will heed my advice!

Was I right, or was the Jag driver right?

Amazingly the white van driver stopped me to ask why the Jag driver
was being such a twit!

P.S. If anyone sees a Jag in Glasgow registration SA06OAW, give him a
wave. He's a cyclist you know!

Latham uses car as weapon TimC Australia 35 January 25th 06 12:11 PM
Assault with a deadly weapon - a car? dannyfrankszzz UK 26 September 25th 05 01:31 PM
Cyclists weapon Tony Raven UK 4 August 20th 05 01:20 PM
The handiman's secret weapon.... Portable Splat Graphics Mountain Biking 4 August 22nd 04 08:34 PM
Air Pump detected as a weapon???? Red Cloud General 25 May 26th 04 10:51 PM