Driver profile.

Old April 12th 08, 10:08 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Simon Mason[_2_]

Default Driver profile.

Every week in our local rag a "star" is asked a series of questions on their
driving experiences. Here wombling Mike Batt fits the "get out of my way"
driver to a tee.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zbatt.jpg

--
Simon Mason
http://www.simonmason.karoo.net/

Old April 12th 08, 10:19 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Paul Boyd

Simon Mason said the following on 12/04/2008 10:08:
Every week in our local rag a "star" is asked a series of questions on
their driving experiences. Here wombling Mike Batt fits the "get out of
my way" driver to a tee.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zbatt.jpg

Your highlighted bits say it all really!

--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk/
Old April 12th 08, 11:58 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Zog The Undeniable

Simon Mason wrote:
Every week in our local rag a "star" is asked a series of questions on
their driving experiences. Here wombling Mike Batt fits the "get out of
my way" driver to a tee.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zbatt.jpg

I've seen much worse. There was some idiot in our local rag whose pet
hate was "people sticking to the 30mph speed limit and holding him up".
Mind you, he also said his "130bhp Mondeo diesel" was the best car
he'd ever had, so that showed what a connoisseur he was.
Old April 12th 08, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Tim Dunne

"Simon Mason" wrote in message
. uk...
Every week in our local rag a "star" is asked a series of questions on
their driving experiences. Here wombling Mike Batt fits the "get out of my
way" driver to a tee.

I heard a couple of radio interviews with him recently, and he came across
as quite a miserable, bitter pillock to be honest. He spent large amounts of
time in both cases whinging about how punk destroyed the market for the
sensitive singer/songwriter like himself, and destroyed respect for such
because none of the protagonists of punk had any knowledge or talent. This
from the man behind 'Remember You're a Womble'... he should also be tied to
a post and flogged with nettles for encouraging Katie Melua to record the
appallingly emotional and scratchy cover of NRandy Newmans' 'I Think it's
Going to Rain Today'.

Rant over...

Tim
--
We got a thousand points of light | Greetings from Birmingham, UK
For the homeless man | All about me: www.nervouscyclist.org

Old April 13th 08, 04:15 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Jeff[_6_]

Simon Mason wrote:
Every week in our local rag a "star" is asked a series of questions on
their driving experiences. Here wombling Mike Batt fits the "get out of
my way" driver to a tee.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zbatt.jpg

Dunno. The only bit that specifically mentioned bikes was a complaint
against something that I consider to be rude behaviour. Yes, I can
manoeuvre my bike through static traffic to the front of the queue. But
there are very few autos that I can out-accelerate. As a driver, I get
annoyed when a cyclist butts in front of me like that. As a cyclist, I
try not to do so to other drivers. (Do unto others...).

I note that he didn't launch into a rant about how cyclists have no
place on the road, giving a litany of asinine reasons.

He's not, perhaps, the best driver on the road, but he's probably not
the worst.
Old April 13th 08, 09:03 AM posted to uk.rec.cycling
Nick[_4_]

Jeff wrote:
Simon Mason wrote:
Every week in our local rag a "star" is asked a series of questions on
their driving experiences. Here wombling Mike Batt fits the "get out
of my way" driver to a tee.

http://www.swldxer.co.uk/zbatt.jpg

Dunno. The only bit that specifically mentioned bikes was a complaint
against something that I consider to be rude behaviour. Yes, I can
manoeuvre my bike through static traffic to the front of the queue. But
there are very few autos that I can out-accelerate. As a driver, I get
annoyed when a cyclist butts in front of me like that. As a cyclist, I
try not to do so to other drivers. (Do unto others...).

There are a few points. Firstly most drivers will overtake a cyclist to
get to the back of a queue knowing the cyclist will almost immediately
have to filter past them.

Second it is safer to start in front of a car rather than at the side.
So if you have been filtering as is reasonable in a long queue it is
safer to move in front of the lead car. If it is a short queue on a fast
road I will wait in place.

It is particularly good to be directly in front of a car as when
accelerating fast at a traffic lights your foot might slip, chain break
etc. I have been over the top at a major junction due to this happening.
Now I make sure I pull away slower and safer.

I note that he didn't launch into a rant about how cyclists have no
place on the road, giving a litany of asinine reasons.

He's not, perhaps, the best driver on the road, but he's probably not
the worst.

He did criticise punk, which probably offends the sensibilities of the
mainly forty-something readers of this group.

PU-pid driver nash General 2 November 6th 06 09:01 PM
SMS driver gets 4 yrs flyingdutch Australia 14 March 13th 06 08:21 AM
SUV driver behaviour bin UK 14 October 26th 05 03:09 AM
Considerate Driver Craig Wilkes Australia 21 December 28th 04 12:40 PM
'Profile' == 'Profile Racing' ? Sofa Unicycling 6 December 13th 03 10:23 AM