Mr.Tuffy liner for road bikes ok? Or 2nd tube?

Old September 9th 17, 09:10 PM posted to rec.bicycles.tech
Joerg[_2_]

Default Mr.Tuffy liner for road bikes ok? Or 2nd tube?

On 2017-09-09 12:19, wrote:
There are NO ineffective Conti's.

The line needs careful selection. Isnot Conti's problem is yours n mine...

And others.

https://www.bikeshophub.com/blog/201...in-tire-review

Quote "Velo Joe
April 11, 2016 at 12:17 pm

I also use to swear by Gatorskins but, over the last 2 seasons I’ve had
nothing but trouble with the side walls. I have gone through two set of
Gatorskins in 2 seasons of commuting. Now on on Vittoria Rubino with
liners. Fraction of the price and no sidewall issues".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7VR3jdwZ3k
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qavt1Ocz1kQ

Other Conti tires seem to do that as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiPBo0hdrvA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVnNlQaW-1g

Ther'nothing extreme abt your local climate or roads

There isn't but rear tires get quite hot when riding in 40F weather and
glistening sun on asphalt.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/
Old September 10th 17, 07:45 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

Velo Joe ? Joe sells Ruins

J, you have glitch. Having mounted the wrong tires in the course of discussion eventually blame the factory.

Uh, 17 years ago I rode on Conti TT as a suburban 'distance' rider. Great tire. Over tire for that ride.

Then I began using bike as cargo from super-duper ...n sidewalls failed. Wong tire.

Before that at Hmmm 20 years Conti made translucent sidewalls in an attempt to max response. Several people complained this was too much n Conti beefed up.

Old September 10th 17, 11:05 AM posted to rec.bicycles.tech

when the vittorias'name is typed the Samsung WP butchers it.

What Co to did was n sx the sidewall for performance then adjust for on the ground non German (?) road conditions.

I can imagine urine the marathon category at Conti or wooden shoe from Japan.

Slime liner sliced my inner tube Kooky45 UK 21 October 31st 07 11:24 PM
CF Bike Shatters Top Tube and Down Tube after hitting a Road Divot Kenny Techniques 152 August 23rd 07 12:56 AM
FA: Slime Tube Protector - puncture prevention tyre liner x2 Timothy Baldwin UK 0 January 31st 05 10:08 PM
Mr. Tuffy bit my tube! Pat General 4 January 16th 05 07:56 PM
Head tube size: road bikes generically speaking Mark Hickey Techniques 0 March 21st 04 04:08 PM