The handiman's secret weapon....

Old August 21st 04, 07:38 PM
Portable Splat Graphics

Long live Red Green *Steve Smith*
Great guy

CS
"pas" wrote in message
ireman_1 wrote:

Do they still produce and/or air the Red Green show? His stuff can be
so freakin' funny!

K.

I think so, Red and Crew sometimes show up in person for the Lilac parade
here in the Spring. Our PBS station serves BC and much of Alberta, so of
course we get it.

penny

Old August 22nd 04, 02:29 AM
Micheal Artindale

Default The handiman's secret weapon....

Well, i just got home from a bike ride...

I snapped my front derailer, AGAIN... I had no tools cept for a small pair
of vice grips, so, i twisted the front derailer so that my chain would stay
in the centre ring.
Problem solved temporary.

i am about 15 km from home, and my tire goes flat i am outside a gas station
and a grocery store. I tried putting air into it, but it went flat with in
minutes.

Using my small vice grips, i took off the wheel, and put air into it. I
found the leak..... but i had no tube, or any other thing to fix it with.
then for some reason i though of those shows on tv that had the cloth tied
to the tube to keep air in it.

I walked over to the grocery store, and found the perfect thing to fix it.
Duct Tape. I put some air into the tire, found the leak, wrapped it several
times.

It got me home with one stop for a "top up."

If the women dont find you hansome, at least they will find you handy.

Micheal

Keep your stick on the ice

Old August 22nd 04, 05:00 AM
ireman_1

snip-not cool, but cool

If the women dont find you hansome, at least they will find you

handy.

Micheal

Keep your stick on the ice

My father-in-law lives (and may die by) that stuff. I now (thanks to
his guidance) keep a "small" (inch or so in diameter) roll of duct-tape
(wrapped around a broken pencil) in my HAWG (sounds bad now that I've
typed it, huh?). It's patched many a tire wall, or gaping wound,
or...

--
ireman_1

Old August 22nd 04, 08:34 PM
SuperSlinky

Micheal Artindale said...

[...]

That's way too far away from home to be without a spare tube and a patch
kit.