stupid tricks thread

Old January 22nd 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Default stupid tricks thread

so i was wondering what are some stupid uni tricks you have come up
with?
one that i made yesterday was a pedal flip, where you are riding and
then just flip the pedal fast, you can do it forwards, backwards, front
foot, back foot, whatever. so any other stupid tricks? like that one
seatspin thing someone did, post them here.

--
unijesse

I Brake for Unicyclist's
http://www.nickjantz.2ya.com
unijesse's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10868

Old January 22nd 06, 06:45 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

unijesse wrote:
pedal flip, where you are riding and then just flip the pedal fast

That's not a stupid trick.

My right pedal is smooth (no pins) on one side for grinding and has
pins on the other side (for shoe-grip). Quite often after a bit of one
foot or summat involving taking my right foot off the pedal, my foot
goes back down onto the smooth side. If it is even slightly moist
outside the smooth surface is slippery underfoot, so I learned to spin
the pedal 180 degrees while riding in order to get the pins back under
my shoe.

Spinning it fast (and more than 180 degrees) gives it a bit of flair,
although you don't always get the side of the pedal you wanted with
this method. But then you can just keep spinning it until you get the
side you want.

I'm sure there are some stupid tricks out there though.

T.

--
DarkTom

'*_My_Gallery_*' (http://tinyurl.com/9bnux)
-\"just eat less pies, and then the loads on your seatpost will be
less.\" - johnhimsworth
\"i am a girl\" - amanda.gallacher
\"you could help by not making it look so darn easy.\" - chrashing
-
DarkTom's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/6515

Old January 22nd 06, 06:53 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

unijesse wrote:
so i was wondering what are some stupid uni tricks you have come up
with?
one that i made yesterday was a pedal flip, where you are riding and
then just flip the pedal fast, you can do it forwards, backwards, front
foot, back foot, whatever. so any other stupid tricks? like that one
seatspin thing someone did, post them here.

I've done that too, it is cool...one time my friend was grinding and I
was filming, and in the grind his free pedal accidentally flipped
around a bunch of times, and it looked SOO cool on film in slow motion,
looked like it was on purpose.

one dumb trick that I came up with is riding 1.5 footed, between one
footed riding and two footed riding. its where you ride one footed
with your foot hanging there, so every time the pedal comes up it
smacks you in the bottom of the foot!! its fun. and if you're good at
it, you can switch between riding with each foot with every revolution.

--
James_Potter

to give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift.

michael atkinson
mdotedotatkinsonatgmaildotcom
President of the '_MRIS_' (http://tinyurl.com/dk2de)

Old January 22nd 06, 06:55 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

that actualy sounds pretty cool if you were to dramaticize it. like kick
your foot out as you did it or something.

--
ntappin

Old January 22nd 06, 06:56 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

DarkTom wrote:
That's not a stupid trick.

My right pedal is smooth (no pins) on one side for grinding and has
pins on the other side (for shoe-grip). Quite often after a bit of one
foot or summat involving taking my right foot off the pedal, my foot
goes back down onto the smooth side. If it is even slightly moist
outside the smooth surface is slippery underfoot, so I learned to spin
the pedal 180 degrees while riding in order to get the pins back under
my shoe.

Spinning it fast (and more than 180 degrees) gives it a bit of flair,
although you don't always get the side of the pedal you wanted with
this method. But then you can just keep spinning it until you get the
side you want.

I'm sure there are some stupid tricks out there though.

T.

ok maybe its not so stupid but i dont havre a purpose for it so
whatever. but that 1.5 foot thing sounds funny.

Old January 22nd 06, 07:06 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

I accidentally do that every time I try to do a one footer or no footer.
I hate it. Espescially when I land on the grindplate side.

--
forrestunifreak

'My gallery' (http://tinyurl.com/bbf9x)

www.seattlebikesupply.com

Old January 22nd 06, 07:27 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

yeah i have a cool trick. when i am riding i do foot touches, it is just
like a kick, so i go around kicking cable boxes and stuff lol it is
cool

--
irvinegr
irvinegr's Profile: http://www.unicyclist.com/profile/10958

Old January 22nd 06, 07:30 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

Psh, I kick people

--
litldude2

Gallery.unicyclist.com/spencer
Litldude2 (att) aol (dott) com
_____________________________

chosen wrote:
wish i could be in a signature...*sigh*

Old January 22nd 06, 07:42 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

irvinegr wrote:
yeah i have a cool trick. when i am riding i do foot touches, it is just
like a kick, so i go around kicking cable boxes and stuff lol it is
cool

yeah, thats a really cool one, its fun to play soccer like that (:

Old January 22nd 06, 08:31 PM posted to rec.sport.unicycling

litldude2 wrote:
Psh, I kick people

O man I love doing that, no one expects to get kicked by someone on a
unicycle and so even if you were on a 12 inch you can easily get away
before they realize what happened.

--
ntappin